Are there any good rumors for this?
My wife does not like -big- cars, but
is not too fond of Neons. If we could
get a performance Stratus, that would
be most excellent. :D

E

·
0 Posts
I think the concept "Charger RT" is based on the stratus platform... That car (4 door, but not too big) looks very pleasing, and is supposed to be supercharged.

Wether it will actually be produced, well... I dont think anyone has that answer yet :) It probably depends on how well the SRT-4 and its' cousins sell.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the way the 4-doors work on the Charger concept.
Just like the 4-doors on the upcoming new Mazda RX-8.
You do not have a huge 4-door car, but you do get the
easier access to the rear seats. The size of those seats
is another matter. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ummmmm, the Charger is the replacement name for the Intrepid, it's gonna be a Mid-Size/Large car the size of an Intrepid built on a Mercedes platform. 4 doors = cheaper insurance :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well there is a turbocharged Stratus available in Mexico. I don't recall if it's a four banger or a V6 though. Crap. If it's a 4 banger than there goes my point. :)

But if it is a V6, than it wouldn't be much of a stretch to bring it to the US and slap the SRT-6 name on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I sure as 'ell hope they produce a stratus sedan srt-6. I love my current 2.7liter strat, and the very same engine has been used in concept cars with an added supercharger....*drool* I'd like to see it supercharged just for the instant power...but I suppose I could "adjust" with a turbo also... :twisted:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Warlord187 said:
Well there is a turbocharged Stratus available in Mexico. I don't recall if it's a four banger or a V6 though. Crap. If it's a 4 banger than there goes my point. :)

But if it is a V6, than it wouldn't be much of a stretch to bring it to the US and slap the SRT-6 name on it.
I believe that is the same 2.4L four banger that Chrysler is bringing to the US. They had the turbo in the first gen Stratus believe it or not.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Yup the Meximelt Stratus Turbo is a 2.4 Turbo. Its more or less the same engine that we will be getting in the SRT-4. One of the main differences is that the SRT-4 has that integrated turbine housing in the exhuast manifold, while the Turbo Stratus has/had a regular exhaust manifold with a standard garrett flange. Other small things include more cast in block reinforcements on the new 2.4 Turbo and slightly different port sizes.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
ekool said:
I think the concept "Charger RT" is based on the stratus platform... That car (4 door, but not too big) looks very pleasing, and is supposed to be supercharged.

Wether it will actually be produced, well... I dont think anyone has that answer yet :) It probably depends on how well the SRT-4 and its' cousins sell.
You mean the Daytona Charger SRT-8? It is based on the 300 chassis. Expect to see this car in 05 model year with a Whipple supercharger unit.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would rather have a 250-hp NA V6 in a Stratus.

·
Registered
59 Posts
hemidakota - it says they are going to push the boost higher. so i guess that pushes the hp up to 250. and i like the fact they say they would be able to push it even higher with out much effort. i might just hold off on the srt-4 untill chrysler decides this cars fate.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Whitey said:
hemidakota - it says they are going to push the boost higher. so i guess that pushes the hp up to 250. and i like the fact they say they would be able to push it even higher with out much effort. i might just hold off on the srt-4 untill chrysler decides this cars fate.
Ahh .. He’s already got one!!! 8) To Late :D

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Whitey said:
I have been hearing it maybe a V6 3.7 hemi turbo (td-05 turbo), 320HP, 360lbs of TQ, version to fill a gap.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
wow, took you long enough to reply to that one!! :lol:

·
Registered
108 Posts
hemidakota said:
I have been hearing it maybe a V6 3.7 hemi turbo (td-05 turbo), 320HP, 360lbs of TQ, version to fill a gap.
:oops: Now thats a stratus worth getting...my sis has one now, 200hp is nice...320 is even better

1 - 20 of 26 Posts