Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the 4 doors and the little better gas mileage, can anybody give me some good reasons I'm not seeing as not to trade in or sell my srt for a C5 vette. Just got hooked up with a nice job and I'm making about X2 as much as my old job, and that was plenty to afford the srt so no worries about the money issue. Insurance is a little less on the vette, god knows why but probaly because of the high accident rate these cars have. My mom will cosign since she knows my moneys not going to waste, so I can get a real low interest rate (like 3.9 for 60) and I just feel like I'm overlooking something since I got the hots for a Z. Plus what sounds better than a cammed vette barely keeping idle. Thanks for replying guys.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
40,227 Posts
I see you are living in Michigan..I bet those Z06's are WONDERFUL in the snow.

At least with snow tires..the SRT-4 is driveable in the snow.
 

·
SRTforums Veteran
Joined
·
9,870 Posts
Youre 18 years old, keep your SRT-4 and save that extra money. Get a car you can afford on your own. What happens when you lose your job and they are bustin your mom for monthly payments?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,113 Posts
Go for it if thats what you want but if I couldn't get the car on my own then I wouldn't get it at all.I would not put either of my parents at risk if something would ever happen too the car and I was at fault unless your parents could take the hit of paying the vette off if your disabled in an accident or something.Not that it would happen but just something too think about.Just my 02 cents.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
Specialk43 said:
Besides the 4 doors and the little better gas mileage, can anybody give me some good reasons I'm not seeing as not to trade in or sell my srt for a C5 vette. Just got hooked up with a nice job and I'm making about X2 as much as my old job, and that was plenty to afford the srt so no worries about the money issue. Insurance is a little less on the vette, god knows why but probaly because of the high accident rate these cars have. My mom will cosign since she knows my moneys not going to waste, so I can get a real low interest rate (like 3.9 for 60) and I just feel like I'm overlooking something since I got the hots for a Z. Plus what sounds better than a cammed vette barely keeping idle. Thanks for replying guys.
Man if I was you I'd be going mod crazy right about now.

Why not just go big turbo now?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,598 Posts
have you been promised the job for the next 5-7 years?

You need your mom to cosign...for a Vette??? How lame would I feel if I had my mom cosign for a vette....

You're going to kill yourself in the vette thinking you're hot shit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey scapegoat, I was told I was going to kill myself when I got this car. I think I'm still here, with a prime ass record driving record. Don't let the age fool ya, I'm not your typical shitty teen driver.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,135 Posts
Just because your making more money doesnt mean you need to buy a more expensive car. Its the reason why so many people are in debt. Do you really need a corvette at 18? Cars are the worst investment you can make. Its the most expensive thing people own that depreciates in value.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,598 Posts
Specialk43 said:
Hey scapegoat, I was told I was going to kill myself when I got this car. I think I'm still here, with a prime ass record driving record. Don't let the age fool ya, I'm not your typical shitty teen driver.
you haven't driven a Z06 yet. Big difference
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,598 Posts
Remax Realtor said:
Just because your making more money doesnt mean you need to buy a more expensive car. Its the reason why so many people are in debt. Do you really need a corvette at 18? Cars are the worst investment you can make. Its the most expensive thing people own that depreciates in value.
I agree. Better idea...move out?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,050 Posts
Scapegoat said:
have you been promised the job for the next 5-7 years?

You need your mom to cosign...for a Vette??? How lame would I feel if I had my mom cosign for a vette....

You're going to kill yourself in the vette thinking you're hot shit
lol i agree, im 23 and never have had anyone cosign for anything i own. i rather take the 2% hit in finance then take the chance of possibly screwing another over. expecially my mother. Just becuase you are getting a better job doesnt mean go out and spend the cash before you have it. Why not wait, save some cash then put a really nice down payment on one. plus you never know if your job will last, not saying it wont but dont count your cookies before you bake em. in my opionion and from experience i think your getting youself in to deep. Ive made that mistake and am still paying for it, bought a jetski when i was 19, cost me $10,000.00, 4 years later i still owe $6000.00 on it. Trust me you really dont want to take the path i took, im pretty much waht they called fucked till i get out of school and get a real job. When i bought the jetski i had a great job, once summer ended that went away, know i barely scrape by paying for car, jetski, rent, utilities, creditcard from 3 years ago *another story*. So pretty much i work full time busting tires at a local tire shop just to pay bills and eat ramen. Plus i take 20 credit hours in college each semester.

Plus do you live at home with mom? if so think about this, your 18 you buy a z06, for the next 6-7 years do you want to live at home with mommy? your Z06 sitting in your moms driveway know thats hot! Know your going to be working this new great 2 X paying job just to pay yoiur carpayment and gas. Aint gonna do much for ya there, you have a nice car but live with mom. (not saying living with your mom is a bad thing, I still do for summers when i go home from college)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,135 Posts
re

Scapegoat said:
I agree. Better idea...move out?
well i wouldnt say move out. I would say invest your money in something else instead of a corvette. Theres plenty of books out there about investing. A book i recommend to everyone is the Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. Its an excellent book that everyone should read. It can really open your eyes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,598 Posts
Remax Realtor said:
well i wouldnt say move out. I would say invest your money in something else instead of a corvette. Theres plenty of books out there about investing. A book i recommend to everyone is the Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. Its an excellent book that everyone should read. It can really open your eyes.
Investing would be better. He should buy a twin. Rent out one side, live in the other. Rental basically pays the mortgage.

But if he's dead set on the vette, and gets it..sure, he'll be picking up chicks...then bringing them home to meet mommy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,050 Posts
Remax Realtor said:
well i wouldnt say move out. I would say invest your money in something else instead of a corvette. Theres plenty of books out there about investing. A book i recommend to everyone is the Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. Its an excellent book that everyone should read. It can really open your eyes.
is there pictures in it? heh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,769 Posts
If you can afford it, the zo6 is the superior car in every way . I cant think of any reason not to upgrade. These people sound jeolous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,598 Posts
KrazyK said:
If you can afford it, the zo6 is the superior car in every way . I cant think of any reason not to upgrade. These people sound jeolous.
:lol: life is not just about cars.

Those of us that are older, and myself only being slightly, are giving sound advice. Buying this vehicle at his age after just getting this incredible job isn't smart.

I bought my SRT-4 after I landed a new job, saw me making twice as much. Bought it after a month. 3-4 months later I quit b/c they fucked me over.

Luckily I found a job closer to home that JUST pays the bills.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,135 Posts
re

KrazyK said:
If you can afford it, the zo6 is the superior car in every way . I cant think of any reason not to upgrade. These people sound jeolous.
:rofl: yeah its real hard to get financed for a car. I could walk down the street to the dodge dealer and finance a charger srt-8 or a viper, but what would that do? Put me in debt. Yeah im so jealous. If you have to finance something, you cannot afford it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did I need an SRT at 16. Hell no, but I got one. I'm just moving up a little bit in the world and have always longed for a vette. Haven't driven a Z06 huh? I not going to argue with you e thug but I can assure you, I've driven a vette. Everybody has vaild points and the constructive criticism is helpful. Already moved out, I OWN a 3 bedroom little house and two buddies rent out rooms, it almost pays for itself in full. I have money set aside happen they move out though, I'm sitting on a little more than you think, kinda the benefits of working my ass off since I was 12 and saving every dime.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,135 Posts
re

clamsjager said:
is there pictures in it? heh.
trust me you dont need them. I promise you will like the book. You can buy a used one from amazon for probably like $10. After you read it, you will send me a pm with a thank you. Ive had 2 people on here already do that.
 
1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Top