Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,268 Posts
With the rain here in tampa, my left EYE is shut dead by moisture! ( FOG EYE)

and yeas...my heat shield is also not stuck on too strong.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I wouldn't even mess with it myself - that's what the warranty is for. I had that very same fogging effect in a headlight on my '01 Neon. Turned out to be a bad seal and the dealer replaced the entire headlight. (Yea warranty...)

·
Premium Member
15,173 Posts
Shuttle tile? What does it look like? Don't remember seeing anything like that on mine. And now it's too late to see :(

·
Registered
280 Posts
Foggy Fogs and Shuttle Tiles

I am blind in the right eye now and half blind in the left. The dealer has ordered a new pair of fogs for me --I hope they do not develop the same problem.

The "Shuttle tile" is the reflective insulating pad that is supposed to be mounted to the firewall above the turbo. Without it - the collector box for the incoming air to HVAC becomes super heated rendering the A/C less effective.

Mine had no screws securing it to the firewall like several others I have seen. The adhesive that is on the backside of the pad fails when the turbo heats it up. roll

·
Registered
280 Posts
Fog lights

My dealer is trying to tell me that is normal--there is a weep hole in the bottom of the light that lets moisture in/out. he says they will dry out on their own
I say BullS**T

·
Registered
280 Posts
Wellll--They replaced the passenger side fog light but I guess they didin't feel the drivers side was bad enough yet or else they only had one unit in stock. Will get that one next trip in. Unfortunately I am getting this feeling that I will know everyone and their families on a first name basis before I purchase my next new vehicle. roll

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.