Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one else have condensation on the inside of the lens when they wash the car? Its only on one of mine? Should I go get it replaced? Or is it ok?

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
It sounds like the silicone seal is leaking. You can either take it off and inspect it for the opening and add some silicone or just take it back.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Big Time

Have an appointment in the moring with the dealer to install my missing shuttle tile above the turbo and one item I want addressed is the fog in the fog lites

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
With the rain here in tampa, my left EYE is shut dead by moisture! ( FOG EYE)

and yeas...my heat shield is also not stuck on too strong.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I wouldn't even mess with it myself - that's what the warranty is for. I had that very same fogging effect in a headlight on my '01 Neon. Turned out to be a bad seal and the dealer replaced the entire headlight. (Yea warranty...)

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Shuttle tile? What does it look like? Don't remember seeing anything like that on mine. And now it's too late to see :(

·
Registered
276 Posts
Foggy Fogs and Shuttle Tiles

I am blind in the right eye now and half blind in the left. The dealer has ordered a new pair of fogs for me --I hope they do not develop the same problem.

The "Shuttle tile" is the reflective insulating pad that is supposed to be mounted to the firewall above the turbo. Without it - the collector box for the incoming air to HVAC becomes super heated rendering the A/C less effective.

Mine had no screws securing it to the firewall like several others I have seen. The adhesive that is on the backside of the pad fails when the turbo heats it up. roll

·
Registered
276 Posts
Fog lights

My dealer is trying to tell me that is normal--there is a weep hole in the bottom of the light that lets moisture in/out. he says they will dry out on their own
I say BullS**T

·
Registered
276 Posts
Wellll--They replaced the passenger side fog light but I guess they didin't feel the drivers side was bad enough yet or else they only had one unit in stock. Will get that one next trip in. Unfortunately I am getting this feeling that I will know everyone and their families on a first name basis before I purchase my next new vehicle. roll

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
SilverBullet
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing