Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
If you don't have a short throw shifter yet, just get one! Even the Mopar one is awsome. I'm not a fan of short throws and never put on in my Honda, but I got the Mopar one and its what the car should have come with. Aside from the 50 Trim I'm about to put on, its the mod that I noticed the biggest change in the car.

I don't know about that Ebay one specifically, but just do yourself a favor and buy an STS. I went with the Mopar one bacause it was basically a drop in unit, and aside from taking about 15 minutes to pop off the damn retainer clips it literally took 2 minutes to switch them out. Plus I figured $100 for a complete unit from the factory was a really good deal (factory parts are usually overpriced...Mopar SRT-4 stuff not so much :thumbsup: )

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
westrock said:
If you don't have a short throw shifter yet, just get one! Even the Mopar one is awsome. I'm not a fan of short throws and never put on in my Honda, but I got the Mopar one and its what the car should have come with. Aside from the 50 Trim I'm about to put on, its the mod that I noticed the biggest change in the car.

I don't know about that Ebay one specifically, but just do yourself a favor and buy an STS. I went with the Mopar one bacause it was basically a drop in unit, and aside from taking about 15 minutes to pop off the damn retainer clips it literally took 2 minutes to switch them out. Plus I figured $100 for a complete unit from the factory was a really good deal (factory parts are usually overpriced...Mopar SRT-4 stuff not so much :thumbsup: )
I had the Mopar STS a one point in time i just don't have 100.00 to spend on a replacment right now. I was just thinking i'd buy somthing cheep to hold me over till i get a new Mopar. I think i'm just going to wait till i have the extra cash and do it right.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
MightyMouse said:
I had the Mopar STS a one point in time i just don't have 100.00 to spend on a replacment right now. I was just thinking i'd buy somthing cheep to hold me over till i get a new Mopar. I think i'm just going to wait till i have the extra cash and do it right.

Why did you get rid of the Mopar? I'd say save up....$100 isn't that much money, and theres no point spending $25 now, then spending $100 for basically the same thing. Unless you don't really plan on buying a different one later on.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
westrock said:
Why did you get rid of the Mopar? I'd say save up....$100 isn't that much money, and theres no point spending $25 now, then spending $100 for basically the same thing. Unless you don't really plan on buying a different one later on.
I had some people that i'm close to that got cought in the hurcanes last year so i sold a shit load of my parts off my car to help them out. now i'm trying to start building my car back up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts