Dodge SRT Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 8058 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been done. I was looking for fellow srt enthusiasts around overland park/ olathe area? Ive only seen 3 or four other srt-4 cars around. I feel lonely :crying:

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I drive a black Acr.

Ahhh I think I might of seen you a couple months back. (I seem to always remember Neon SRT-4's I see on the road)

I was on Strang Line Road going to College Blvd. I saw a Black ACR waiting to merge from Blackbob to Strang Line, heading north. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhh I think I might of seen you a couple months back. (I seem to always remember Neon SRT-4's I see on the road)

I was on Strang Line Road going to College Blvd. I saw a Black ACR waiting to merge from Blackbob to Strang Line, heading north. :thumbsup:
Could have been me, if it had already snowed i doubt it was though, i havent driven my car since it started snowing. I know one other guy in olathe that has a black acr, ive seen him at the great waste of space.
Im almost sure i have seen you before on i35 coming from gardner. This was like two months before i bought my car.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Could have been me, if it had already snowed i doubt it was though, i havent driven my car since it started snowing. I know one other guy in olathe that has a black acr, ive seen him at the great waste of space.
Im almost sure i have seen you before on i35 coming from gardner. This was like two months before i bought my car.
Yeah it was before the snow hit.

I picked mine up in late March.

I have a buddy with an 02 ACR in KCMO. Really nice guy. We definately need to meet up sometime once this weather gets better.

My name is Stephen by the way. :cheers:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im Ted. Yeah a meet would be great. I would love to meet some fellow srt people. I got my car march 27th.Where did you get you car? Is you car stock?

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Im Ted. Yeah a meet would be great. I would love to meet some fellow srt people. I got my car march 27th.Where did you get you car? Is you car stock?
Haha, thats probably the same day I got mine, have to double check. I bought it stock from a private ownr in Kelley, Iowa. $13.1k with a bit over 46k miles. It now has 57k. I drive a lot. It has a couple mods done to it now, nothing crazy.

What about yours?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bought mine from Olathe dodge. Big mistake, car has defective clear coat on the hood and they have repainted it twice, they keep getting polyurethane dust in the paint causing it to fish eye. I had 26k miles now it sitting at just over 29k. bought her bone stock ans she is still bone stock. I have been looking into getting some modifications for her, that is afterall what these cars are made for.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Bought mine from Olathe dodge. Big mistake, car has defective clear coat on the hood and they have repainted it twice, they keep getting polyurethane dust in the paint causing it to fish eye. I had 26k miles now it sitting at just over 29k. bought her bone stock ans she is still bone stock. I have been looking into getting some modifications for her, that is afterall what these cars are made for.
That sucks about the paint! Maybe you can take it to a different stealership and have them paint it under warranty? Man only 3k on her. I take it isn't your d&d. Lucky man. lol/ As for modifications, there are TONS of them available. So many different routes to take.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That sucks about the paint! Maybe you can take it to a different stealership and have them paint it under warranty? Man only 3k on her. I take it isn't your d&d. Lucky man. lol/ As for modifications, there are TONS of them available. So many different routes to take.
I was planning on it whan it started to get warmer. I put all the miles on her in the first 2 months, it was sad how much i would drive her. I would just circle the block for fun, lol. Ive been doing research to see which mod route i want to take. Ive been leaning towards stage 2 or 3 with toys. It seems so much more reliable than other routes. This is also my first turbo car and to be honest im not that mechanical so the easier the mod the batter for me. What all do you have done to your car? Also what year is yours?

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I was planning on it whan it started to get warmer. I put all the miles on her in the first 2 months, it was sad how much i would drive her. I would just circle the block for fun, lol. Ive been doing research to see which mod route i want to take. Ive been leaning towards stage 2 or 3 with toys. It seems so much more reliable than other routes. This is also my first turbo car and to be honest im not that mechanical so the easier the mod the batter for me. What all do you have done to your car? Also what year is yours?
Its all up to you. If you go Stage 2 you will be keeping your stock turbo, upgradings the injectors, PCM, and WGA. I would go the extra mile and go with the Stage 3 w/ toys. Since you are replacing the small stock turbo with a bigger one. Bigger injectors, WGA, PCM, fuel pump, fuel rail and a bunch of other things. All plug and play too. But then you might need to upgrade your clutch and axels... I say keep your stock turbo and do minor stuff to it for the time being. Its all up to you man. I don't have much money so I have done minor things....

Here is a link to my mods I have done:
2GN.ORG :: Garage

Its an 04.

That dyno run on that page is when I was bone stock.

First mod I would get is a short throw shifter... The stock shifter is like a damn truck. I am so so mechanically inclined, so if you need help with an install I am down.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its all up to you. If you go Stage 2 you will be keeping your stock turbo, upgradings the injectors, PCM, and WGA. I would go the extra mile and go with the Stage 3 w/ toys. Since you are replacing the small stock turbo with a bigger one. Bigger injectors, WGA, PCM, fuel pump, fuel rail and a bunch of other things. All plug and play too. But then you might need to upgrade your clutch and axels... I say keep your stock turbo and do minor stuff to it for the time being. Its all up to you man. I don't have much money so I have done minor things....

Here is a link to my mods I have done:
2GN.ORG :: Garage

Its an 04.

That dyno run on that page is when I was bone stock.

First mod I would get is a short throw shifter... The stock shifter is like a damn truck. I am so so mechanically inclined, so if you need help with an install I am down.
Sounds like a plan. How long does it take to put in? My first mod would most likely be motor mounts. I know stock ones are terrible.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Sounds like a plan. How long does it take to put in? My first mod would most likely be motor mounts. I know stock ones are terrible.

What the short throw shifter? Not long at all. I am guessing 30 minutes or so.

Motormounts will take a couple of hours with the right tools. The stock ones aren't bad IMO. I took mine off with over 50k and the rubber looked perfect. I still have them too by the way. Now if you are launching all the time they will probably take abuse and give out. Sold moutormounts help keep the engine stable but it does make the car vibrate a bit.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ive been looking into getting into the KC chapter of the SCCA. Its mroe my style of racing. HAve you looked into that sort of thing? Assuming that is your style. You prefer drag, track or do you street race?

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Ive been looking into getting into the KC chapter of the SCCA. Its mroe my style of racing. HAve you looked into that sort of thing? Assuming that is your style. You prefer drag, track or do you street race?

Well its my daily driver for the most part. Don't really street race. Would love to do SCCA type stuff. I want to go out to heartland park this summer and go around the track a few times.
If I had more money and a beater I would definately get involved with it and go all out on suspension and brakes.

·
Registered
300 Posts
ive seen like 5 in the wichita area. Apparently none of them mod them since there all basically stock :*(

·
Registered
422 Posts
I just ordered some solid mounts you can have my inserts for a a few bucks i'll even help you install them. takes about a half an hour. Plus i need to meet some more srt owners.

By the way i'm the silver srt w/ carbon fiber hood thats lowered around the op area. I have the Hahn 20g setup with a bunch of other goodies.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I just ordered some solid mounts you can have my inserts for a a few bucks i'll even help you install them. takes about a half an hour. Plus i need to meet some more srt owners.

By the way i'm the silver srt w/ carbon fiber hood thats lowered around the op area. I have the Hahn 20g setup with a bunch of other goodies.
:hi:
Same here man. I don't really see any SRT-4's anymore. I don't think I have ever seen your car before.

Half an hour for all 3 mounts!? :wah?!:

Thats fast!

I might be ordering some BC coilovers once I get my reimbursement! :clap:
I so need to lower my car, and thats the best way to do it!

1 - 20 of 8058 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
8.1K Replies
106 Participants
stowaway
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing