Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hooking My Sub Up, And I Was Gonna Go Around The Door The Easy Way And Came To Realize It Would Look Retarded. Are There Any Spots In The Firewall I Can Snake The Cable Through??

·
Registered
262 Posts
My srt is at hoem so I can't really look where it is but I think I followed the hood pop cable and went through there.... I seem to remember me doing something with that. Just look under the hood, on the drivers sdie.. I know I'm not much help but hey....

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Yes, Look Behind Your Drivers Side Strut Tower. There Is A Grommet With A Few Wires Poking Through Already. It Will Enter Somewhere Above Your Clutch Pedal. The Easiest Method I Found Was To Take A Stick (Some People Have Better Luck With Coat Hangers) And Tape The Wire To It, Then Push It Through.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
shane0008 said:
Yes, Look Behind Your Drivers Side Strut Tower. There Is A Grommet With A Few Wires Poking Through Already. It Will Enter Somewhere Above Your Clutch Pedal. The Easiest Method I Found Was To Take A Stick (Some People Have Better Luck With Coat Hangers) And Tape The Wire To It, Then Push It Through.
:thumbsup:

That or a coat hanger.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
There are also 2 grommets under the cowl panel that go through under the tip dash cover if you can't fit anymore wires in the grommet above the clutch cable.

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
use a coat hanger from the outside and go in the grommet behind the battery (above clutch, whatever) then tape the wire to the coathanger and pull the bastard out. i've done it to customer cars with 8 gauge RF comp wire (almost 6 ga) with no problems. haven't tried 4 tho.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I've got 2 runs of 1/0 running through the grommet everyone is talking about. The first one was easy, the second was a bitch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts