Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have a fix for putting on an aftermarket exhaust with no cat to get rid of the stock o2 sensor tripping a CEL light?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the B&B 3" turbo back exaust with no cat. I need some sort of MIL fix so that the stock o2 sensor does trip the CEL light.

I don't want to do stage 1 or 2 because they are just flashed and not programmable, so right now I have a stock ECU running about 310hp and 340ft/lb.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is correct. Even if you put the stock o2 sensor in your new catless down pipe, you still have no cat, so it trips your CEL light to say that your cat is bad and it's time to replace. They have a fix called a 'MIL' fix but it's only for WRX and Mustangs as I've seen so far. Easiest way to clear the CEL is to dissconnect your battery for about 10 min or so, that way the dealership doesn't charge you like $80 bucks to do it.

I NEED A FIX, i hate resetting my stereo settings everytime i trip a CEL light. I know people have done the B&B Turbo-Back exhaust, what have you done to fix this?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that fixes the problem? it will still read that the cat is not working. How is this the fix?

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
akboost said:
that fixes the problem? it will still read that the cat is not working. How is this the fix?
People have said it twice. It doesn't cause the check engine light to pop up.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
i have been running with the stock cat gutted for about 5 months now and i have not ever gotten any CEL regarding the cat, and i have stage 0.... :wah?!:

·
Registered
84 Posts
stg 0 full mpx turbo bac no cat no cel :thumbsup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it's a P0420. I'll try taking the sensor out and plugging up the exhaust. It happens about every 5 driving cycles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.