they have much better pics on www.lancerforums.com :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
the sti is better though.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
The STi just put the EVO to sleep. Mitsu dealers are gonna add so much to the MSRP for the EVO it's gonna be robbery. I mean on one hand you have the STI, a much more powerful and lighter car for less money or you can get a heavier, slower EVO. Don't get me wrong the EVO, will be a decent car but for the same amount of money you can get a better, IMO, STi.

Damn thats a lot of acronyms. :shock:

-5OH

·
Registered
5 Posts
If the sti is so much better, than how come in every comparison you see, the evo comes out on top. The sti is great, but the evo is better. Also, they both are sopposed to start around $28,900. Of course neither are what there japanese counterparts are anyways, so no matter what I'm dissapointed.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
the american sti is better than the JDM sti IMO. and the sti will be around $32,000. but you also get to choose where the power goes, unlike the american evo. the old evo was better than the sti, but now evo just got own3d.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
dbmah said:
If the sti is so much better, than how come in every comparison you see, the evo comes out on top. The sti is great, but the evo is better. Also, they both are sopposed to start around $28,900. Of course neither are what there japanese counterparts are anyways, so no matter what I'm dissapointed.
Those comparisons were of JDM cars. Mitsubishi took just about everything that made the JDM EVO good, out. The differentials, the power, everything. I believe the North American STi is marginally better than the JDM, but again that is an opinion. Subaru of America is trying to make sure its dealers aren't going to be gouging the price of the STi, I wish I could say the same for Mitsu and the EVO but I can't. I think the EVO will be a great car, but it doesn't compare to the STi IMO. I don't see why one would spend that much money for an EVO, when they can get a better STi for the same price. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

-Faast

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think your a little misinformed about the EVO.. Yes, they took out the Active Yaw system, it was to make room for the larger Fuel tank and some required equipment to make it DOT. There has been some speculation on actual horsepower numbers being closer to 300, but nobody is talking about it until the cars hit the streets.

The major disadvantage of the STi is that its not available yet..

Just like every other manufacturer, mitsubishi will sell staged upgrades from RalliArt for the EVO to bring its power significantly over 300.. (I honestly think if the car is actually making real 271hp, its probably something that can be programmed out of it)

Your also forgetting that HKS has been tuning the EVO VII for quite some time, and the driveline and ecu are virtually identical to the EVO VIII The only real difference is the active yaw system..

From a performance standpoint.. Their both REALLY Close, whether its JDM or UDM (USA Domestic Market).. and unfortunately the STI will probably lose something in the translation also.

Remember, horsepower numbers only tell part of the story.. More horsepower can compensate for more weight.. Weight reduction can make a lower horsepower car faster.. so we'll see what actually happens.

The only gripe I have with the EVO VIII is I didn't see a boost gage in the gage cluster, and don't see where else it might turn up if at all..

Jack

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
MalibuJack said:
I think your a little misinformed about the EVO.. Yes, they took out the Active Yaw system, it was to make room for the larger Fuel tank and some required equipment to make it DOT. There has been some speculation on actual horsepower numbers being closer to 300, but nobody is talking about it until the cars hit the streets.

The major disadvantage of the STi is that its not available yet..

Just like every other manufacturer, mitsubishi will sell staged upgrades from RalliArt for the EVO to bring its power significantly over 300.. (I honestly think if the car is actually making real 271hp, its probably something that can be programmed out of it)

Your also forgetting that HKS has been tuning the EVO VII for quite some time, and the driveline and ecu are virtually identical to the EVO VIII The only real difference is the active yaw system..

From a performance standpoint.. Their both REALLY Close, whether its JDM or UDM (USA Domestic Market).. and unfortunately the STI will probably lose something in the translation also.

Remember, horsepower numbers only tell part of the story.. More horsepower can compensate for more weight.. Weight reduction can make a lower horsepower car faster.. so we'll see what actually happens.

The only gripe I have with the EVO VIII is I didn't see a boost gage in the gage cluster, and don't see where else it might turn up if at all..

Jack
Yeah, it definately needs a boost gauge. And clutch.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Damn, I just forgot what year it was.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
17 Participants
inthrustwetrust
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing