Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003, dodge neon, srt-4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Car has sat for 2 years. Coil A will not spark regardless of new battery, coil, wires, and plugs. Have checked grounds and replaced terminals. Throws a P0351 code. I'm lost any help would be awesome. Have owned the car for years and only has 87,000 on it. Mods are kinda unknown but will tell what I see if it seams to be an issue.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,264 Posts
why was the car parked for 2 years? could be a clue.

·
Registered
2003, dodge neon, srt-4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Lack of interest in plating it with 2008 and 2012 SRT jeeps around. my kids were young and winter's are long here. But summer is here and kids have grown.

·
Premium Member
4,264 Posts
ok so just to clarify, your engine turns over, but isn't sparking... correct?

have you tested it with a spark tester or by visually seeing no spark from a plug with the engine turning over?

·
Registered
2003, dodge neon, srt-4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Engine starts but only runs on center cylinders. Outer cylinders have no spark. Have tested wires back to the ECU with a meter and has a connection with no resistance. Starting to think it is the ECU itself but want to be as sure as possible before spending money on replacement.

·
Premium Member
4,264 Posts
while i have read about people having ecu failures, it isnt common and i can't see any reason it would happen from the car sitting. It would seem more likely to me, with the car having sat so long, that a wire could be damaged somewhere due to a rodent.

·
Registered
2003, dodge neon, srt-4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is what I'm hoping but so far no luck. I have personally done nothing to this car other than solid mounts but the next thing will be relocating the battery to the trunk. It never bothered me until I have had to start chasing wires. I appreciate the response and will update this post when I get to the bottom of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts