Dodge SRT Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

Registered
05 Neon SRT4
Here's a few pics of my autocross adventure yesterday 馃槀
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Wood Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Gas

I had just gotten comfortable on that track and was going for my third pass ... Broke right at launch 馃槬

I was 2 hours from home and I changed that sumbitch in the parking lot at the track.... Good times lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I was out with a friend and he had tools. And it was in a town with like 10 autopart stores and one of the happened to have a driver's side axle with a lifetime warranty in stock lol. So all in all I was very lucky
You thinking of replacing the other one since its the weak spot now?
Did you have the new tires on it yet?

Registered
05 Neon SRT4
You thinking of replacing the other one since its the weak spot now?
Did you have the new tires on it yet?
Yeah the next event is a month out I'm probably going to swap the other as well. And yessir I had my beautiful RT660s on and didn't really get to experience them lol. Oh and did I mention my fuel pump started making a whole bunch of nosie on the drive out there 馃槶馃槶
I'm pretty sure my car is cursed

Registered
Yeah the next event is a month out I'm probably going to swap the other as well. And yessir I had my beautiful RT660s on and didn't really get to experience them lol. Oh and did I mention my fuel pump started making a whole bunch of nosie on the drive out there
I'm pretty sure my car is cursed
LOL, its just a neon.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
Parking lot mechanic work can be both frustrating and fun. Had to push my car out of an intersection uphill from where I worked about 20 years ago, Dodge Daytona, 2.5 turbo, jumped in and rode it the quarter mile down and into the back parking lot. Got a ride home to get all my tools and a timing belt, worked for 5 hours that night after work, replaced it, back on the road again.

Registered
I've broken plenty of axles. But never at an autocross event. Though one did pop out on me on the drive home from work.

Reactions: pdqsrt4

Registered
Well I have been banned from the page since January but I am finally back in! ( I didn't break any rules I swear lol) But ive been autoxing my SRT4 for almost 2 years now. I bought is bone stock with 67K miles on it in jan 2021 and been racing and modding it since! And I've been documenting it on Youtube!

Registered
I have a question for my fellow auto Xers. My car lately has been randomly giving (what feels like loss of vacuum) a very stiff pedal feel. The car at idle has 20LBS of vacuum and no leaks (boost tested). anyone have any similar issues? This issue only occurs while racing maybe 1 or 2 times in 8 runs.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I have a question for my fellow auto Xers. My car lately has been randomly giving (what feels like loss of vacuum) a very stiff pedal feel. The car at idle has 20LBS of vacuum and no leaks (boost tested). anyone have any similar issues? This issue only occurs while racing maybe 1 or 2 times in 8 runs.
  • First question I have is do you left foot brake?
  • How long does the stiff brake pedal last for?
  • When you have the stiff brake pedal can you still slow the car?
  • Could you be experiencing "Ice Mode"?

Registered
I avoid ice mode by not transitioning from full throttle to brake too quickly. Just a very brief pause.

Registered
So no I do not left foot break, It last for a second or 2, Yes I can still slow the car (it feels just like manual brakes), and judging by the article, No it is not ice mode as far as I can tell

21 - 35 of 35 Posts