Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
05 Neon SRT4
16 Posts
Picking tires and rims is all based on what your club allows. If the car is basically stock, and can run a stock or street class, you may have to stick with the stock size 17x6 in rim. Here's some choices by tire rack https://www.tirerack.com/tires/Tire...&rearRatio=40&rearDiameter=17&performance=ALL
UTQG: 200AA is usually the softest tire allowed, and will give you good streetabilty and good track performance.
Here's some good reading Ultimate track tire guide | 200tw, 100tw, street-legal track, R-comp

If the car is modified you may have to run in another class which probably would allow you to run a better size rim. The stock 6" wide rim limits how wide a tire you can have.
I appreciate the suggestions! I ended up going with some Fallen Azenis RT660s. 215 40-17

·
Registered
05 Neon SRT4
16 Posts
Here's a few pics of my autocross adventure yesterday 😂
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Wood Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Gas

I had just gotten comfortable on that track and was going for my third pass ... Broke right at launch 😥

I was 2 hours from home and I changed that sumbitch in the parking lot at the track.... Good times lol

·
Registered
05 Neon SRT4
16 Posts
You thinking of replacing the other one since its the weak spot now?
Did you have the new tires on it yet?
Yeah the next event is a month out I'm probably going to swap the other as well. And yessir I had my beautiful RT660s on and didn't really get to experience them lol. Oh and did I mention my fuel pump started making a whole bunch of nosie on the drive out there 😭😭
I'm pretty sure my car is cursed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts