Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Same as last year, Ok here's the setup that I'll be starting with this year

1.Tire Brand - BFG gForce Rival S 1.5
2.Tires Size - 245/40/17 maybe going to 235/40/17
3.Pressure front - 45psi
4.Pressure rear - 40psi
5.Same Size tires front and rear - Yes
6.Front sway bar - Stock
7.Rear sway bar - 24mm Progress 3-way adjustable bar (on softest setting now)
8.Front brake pads - Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
9.Rear brake pads - Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
10.Brake Fluid - Valvoline DOT4 Synthetic Brake Fluid
11.Front Camber - negative 2.4
12.Front Toe - 1/16" out
13.Rear Camber - Negative .6
14.Rear Toe - 0"
15.Struts brand - KONIs (Nick's aka "fastneons" ProParts modified set)
16.Front Stuts - 1/2 turn off full stiff
17.Rear Struts - 1/2 turn off full stiff

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'll be out there this year.
Toyo Proxes R88R On stock wheels
Inverted BC coilovers.
Hotchkis front and read sway bars
Strut tower braces front and back.
Stock brakes.

Since we're talking Autox no point in mentioning engine mods.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be out there this year.
Toyo Proxes R88R On stock wheels
Inverted BC coilovers.
Hotchkis front and read sway bars
Strut tower braces front and back.
Stock brakes.

Since we're talking Autox no point in mentioning engine mods.
What class will you run?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Picking tires and rims is all based on what your club allows. If the car is basically stock, and can run a stock or street class, you may have to stick with the stock size 17x6 in rim. Here's some choices by tire rack https://www.tirerack.com/tires/Tire...&rearRatio=40&rearDiameter=17&performance=ALL
UTQG: 200AA is usually the softest tire allowed, and will give you good streetabilty and good track performance.
Here's some good reading Ultimate track tire guide | 200tw, 100tw, street-legal track, R-comp

If the car is modified you may have to run in another class which probably would allow you to run a better size rim. The stock 6" wide rim limits how wide a tire you can have.

·
Registered
05 Neon SRT4
14 Posts
Picking tires and rims is all based on what your club allows. If the car is basically stock, and can run a stock or street class, you may have to stick with the stock size 17x6 in rim. Here's some choices by tire rack https://www.tirerack.com/tires/Tire...&rearRatio=40&rearDiameter=17&performance=ALL
UTQG: 200AA is usually the softest tire allowed, and will give you good streetabilty and good track performance.
Here's some good reading Ultimate track tire guide | 200tw, 100tw, street-legal track, R-comp

If the car is modified you may have to run in another class which probably would allow you to run a better size rim. The stock 6" wide rim limits how wide a tire you can have.
I appreciate the suggestions! I ended up going with some Fallen Azenis RT660s. 215 40-17

·
Registered
2005 Neon SRT4
23 Posts
Going to my first autox event April 3rd in Memphis (link below). I'm currently shopping for helmets. I am about 90% sure I'm just going to spectate/lurk, but my goal is to actually participate in the following event on the 16th.

As far as specs, nothing to report besides the BC's.

Also, any recomendations for height adjustments? I'm running stock wheels (and everything else). Just want to zip around the track without my car exploding. Any advice on etiquette is also appreciated...

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Going to my first autox event April 3rd in Memphis (link below). I'm currently shopping for helmets. I am about 90% sure I'm just going to spectate/lurk, but my goal is to actually participate in the following event on the 16th.

As far as specs, nothing to report besides the BC's.

Also, any recomendations for height adjustments? I'm running stock wheels (and everything else). Just want to zip around the track without my car exploding. Any advice on etiquette is also appreciated...

Good idea about going to an event to just check it out ahead of time to see how the club operates.
Here's a copy of the latest rule book for 2022 https://cdn.connectsites.net/user_f.../060/877/2022_Solo_Rule_Book_1.pdf?1644935284

Most clubs have some kind of Rookie training session before their 1st event, but with covid, who knows. They may have a notice liaison who's job it is to help rookies. You'll find auto-x's can be really friendly people. Don't know if you have seen this, but it's good info https://www.scca.com/pages/i-want-to-autocross.

As for ride height, it depends what class you want to run. If G Street, you'll need to kept the ride height as close to stock as possible. Any lowering of the car will bump you to a more modified class

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dot 4.... how did you get all the DOT 3 out of the system?
I did flush the entire system with DOT4 until the fluid was clear. Then I did it a second time again just to be sure. DOT 3 brake fluid is compatible with DOT 4 brake fluid.
Here's a post about flushing that seems to not to be sure of the correct sequence but for some reason I think I did left rear, right rear, left front, right front. How to change the brake fluid?
When I did this I installed speed bleeders on all four corners. Makes bleeding so much easier. Highly recommended. http://www.speedbleeder.com/

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Dot 3 and Dot 4 are both Glycol based so they are compatible. My car has Dot 4 since 2004 with no problems. I doubt if the shop that did the work went to the.troublr of a double flush as they didn't charge a lot of money.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Dot 3 and Dot 4 are both Glycol based so they are compatible. My car has Dot 4 since 2004 with no problems. I doubt if the shop that did the work went to the.troublr of a double flush as they didn't charge a lot of money.
yes but mixing the two negates the benefit of the higher temperature fluid. I double flushed my old system, ran almost 2 quarts though the system with a pressure bleeder.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 35 Posts