Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
jblaze97 said:
I have that one! It's very slick. I have a black car, so I got it in black. Reception is just ok. If you live in a bigger city, it would be great. I live in a more rural area and I still get reception from pretty much all my local stations. Just know that the shorter then antenna, the crappier the reception will be. I would get it though... nice for the dough.

By the way, use blue loc-tite on it when installing, otherwise it can unscrew pretty easy. It WILL get stolen if you don't. Just a heads up.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
ive got the Zzap antenna, looks just like the one in the ebay link. and yes use loc-tite on it, i used the red high strength on it and it will NOT come off :lol: i think id have to use a pair of vice grips or something to get it off

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
For my personal taste I do not listen to the radio in my car...cd's only. For that matter I went the cheapest route possible. All I did was take my antenna off, cut it in half with some bolt cutters, painted it black and put the little rubber thingie back on top. For like 2 bucks investment I couldn't find another mod like that :)

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Turbocruiser13 said:
For my personal taste I do not listen to the radio in my car...cd's only. For that matter I went the cheapest route possible. All I did was take my antenna off, cut it in half with some bolt cutters, painted it black and put the little rubber thingie back on top. For like 2 bucks investment I couldn't find another mod like that :)
That's exactly what I did and mine still works great. It is even with the roof line and looks 1 billion times better than the ******* whip antenna that comes stock.:jester:

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
2005 RED SRT-4 said:
Turbocruiser13 said:
That's exactly what I did and mine still works great. It is even with the roof line and looks 1 billion times better than the ******* whip antenna that comes stock.:jester:
Lol, in a pt cruiser even with the roof line means it's only 4 feet tall instead of 5:rofl: Seriously tho I think mine's probably about 15" long at the most and I love it. Probably goes to about half way up my windshield and best of all it doesn't flap in the breeze on the freeway anymore :)

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Turbocruiser13 said:
Nuff said. :readclose

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Turbocruiser13 said:
I did the same thing and the reception is not that bad at all. I mean I don't really care about it because I rarely listen to the radio but once in a while I do and I get all my local stations.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
I'll try to get some pics for ya tomorrow

·
Registered
916 Posts
I have this one... I mostly listen to XM but in the case I want regular radio I do have a windshield mount metra antenna.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
troyblue04 said:
HAVOKSRT4 said:
Found one that works. I own it. It has a built in amp for excellent reception...even am stations.

http://locustom.com/shark2_kit.htm

Install directions

http://locustom.com/srt_install.htm
Does this have to be installed on the roof or can it go in our stock location?

Any pics of it installed?

What is it made of?

It can go on the rear windshield or it can go in place of our stock antenna. Mine sits in place of the stock antenna.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts