Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some chick was driving quickly on a 2-lane back road this morning as she flew pass me. This road has a lot of mild turns but fun to drive if you have a AWD or some serious suspension work done.

I manage to catch her at the next light where the street is voided of any morning traffic. :twisted:

Though, she is what we term as an STOPLIGHT INCHING. An inching by definition is a person while at a stoplight has no patient and begins to inch the car into the street crosswalk or intersection. This is a fairly common problem here in Southern California with more than 50 percent of inexperience drivers.

So I let her do the stoplight inching until the light turn green. With a roll I then jumped on it and was gone after switching to second gear. LOL

I then slowed down and waited until to caught up again and hoping we can repeat the same scenario at the next light.

Well…no luck. She decided to cross over and made a left turn. I guess it was enough for her morning embarrassment.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
First off...the LS is a sedan, not a coupe. If you raced a coupe it was an SC.

Second, so what you're saying is that she wasn't even trying to race you...sounds like a "ricer" race to me. How can you be proud of 1, beating a 125 HP Saturn in a 220+ HP turbocharged Neon..and 2, racing some chick that wasn't even trying to race? Just my $.02.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QwikSC2 said:
First off...the LS is a sedan, not a coupe. If you raced a coupe it was an SC.

Second, so what you're saying is that she wasn't even trying to race you...sounds like a "ricer" race to me. How can you be proud of 1, beating a 125 HP Saturn in a 220+ HP turbocharged Neon..and 2, racing some chick that wasn't even trying to race? Just my $.02.
Thanks for the correction.

It was a ricer race. Why? The stop light inching. I guess you don't live in S. Cali to know how street racers do it.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QwikSC2 said:
Still I don't get it...why post and brag about beating someone who wasn't even trying to race?
She was or maybe you didn't get it. This is why she nailed (no, I didn’t include this in the story but who cares) it off the light or inching when it turned green and I guess, hoping for a faster start. I had to laugh when there was little rubber smoke from the coupe. :p

I have been in many street matches (local to north county area) where the first light is nothing more than a warm up to size up your opponent. The second light is the stare down and the racing starts. Third is a retry and fourth, well, you pretty much call it quits.

The worst part with night street racing (sounds carry when the streets are voided with vehicles), is not to rev the motors due to the local police are sitting somewhere, quietly, listening and then track you down. LOL

I was in a match, as described above with an Acura Integra (sleeper) versus my Swift GT. The second light it was all out and the Acura took me by three cars. Though, the Acura was a complete sleeper (turbocharged) and I did give him the thumbs up.

Beating up a Saturn with a Swift GT is a lot more fun than the SRT-4. Everyone thinks these are GEO METROs. SURPRISE!!!

So what car do you drive?

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
-2003 SRT-4 on the way to my house from FL as of tomorrow.

-1993 Saturn SC2, bone stock.

Still though. Bragging about an SRT-4 beating a Saturn is like me bragging that my SC2 beat a Daewoo Lanos. Let's boast about a kill with some real competition.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QwikSC2 said:
-2003 SRT-4 on the way to my house from FL as of tomorrow.

-1993 Saturn SC2, bone stock.

Still though. Bragging about an SRT-4 beating a Saturn is like me bragging that my SC2 beat a Daewoo Lanos. Let's boast about a kill with some real competition.
Ok...now I get the picture. Sorry about that, I will hunt down another one with my sub-compact this weekend and repeat the process all over again. LOL

Is there any further complaints? I think this one should be fair run.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
2 Participants
hemidakota
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing