Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm kind of new to all of this, I haven't bought any parts or upgrades from any companies beforeand I don't know which are good and which are not so good. What do you guys think of having a section where it will be a directory of performance upgrade companies?

For example, you buy a Turbo Timer from Company A and you have a great experience, you would enter the company name in the Subject Heading and in the body of the message, you write what you bought, the price, was it delivered on time and any comments you have. I would stay away from listing a company if you had a bad experience because this gets into a touchy situation with libel, slander and ugh, lawyers.

This way, it will give the new members a place to start when they start their search for any modifications.

Let me know what you think. Any comments about this are welcome. Feel free to expand on it. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
I think this is a great idea. There is some really good information in some of these threads including ones that got hi-jacked. The ones that get hi-jacked are a good example of great information that is under the wrong heading. Do it up Grunge Master!! :D

·
Registered
534 Posts
Very good idea....like a review section?...if i'm understanding it correctly

·
Registered
534 Posts
That would be great to help some people out that havnt been in the "modifying business" for a long time, and realize that its a great hobby, especially w/ the work of art Srt-4. Good idea....also maybe once the forum gets heavily populated, try a vendors section, or registered venders section for srtforums.com....just some thoughts...good idea though.

·
Registered
726 Posts
drizze99 said:
Yea, if we get a vendors section, then we can get a forum member discount!! :wink:
Actually, that isn't all that far fetched. If company "X" does stellar work, they'd still make a killer profit selling in bulk to enthusiasts at a price discounted from the general public price. Worth a shot...

Grunge-master, good idea for the expansion.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats what they pay me for. :lol: :lol: Oh, wait I work for free. Just glad to help out. New avatar up, if anyone needs any spring cleaning, I'll send her right over. :shock:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Grunge said:
Thats what they pay me for. :lol: :lol: Oh, wait I work for free. Just glad to help out. New avatar up, if anyone needs any spring cleaning, I'll send her right over. :shock:
I'm dirty...send 'er over! :lol:

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Grunge said:
Does that outfit on Grunge's Ava remind anyone else of that beer commercial where the guy shows up at his girlfriends wearing that same outfit as her and then the old man hits on him? :lol:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Why not the bad reviews too? It's only libel if you're trying to pass it off as the truth. Last time I checked the freedom to voice one's opinion was still protected under the first amendment. I mean what's the point of having an opinion system if you can't voice the bad ones?

-faast

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Slow5OH said:
Why not the bad reviews too? It's only libel if you're trying to pass it off as the truth. Last time I checked the freedom to voice one's opinion was still protected under the first amendment. I mean what's the point of having an opinion system if you can't voice the bad ones?

-faast
True. True.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Slow5OH said:

-faast
You would assume you have that freedom. I recently came across some information on another message board I frequent that says otherwise. I'll try to give a brief background of the situation. A group of aquarium hobbyists who frequent the Internet Aquatic Plant Digest (Message Board)have been sued in Federal Court for $15,000,000 by Robert Novak d/b/a petswarehouse.com. The lawsuit was filed in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York. All of the defendants reside outside of New York. The lawsuit involves allegations of defamation for certain messages that were posted to the Aquatic Plant Digest.

Basically, a customer ordered some aquarium plants from this company. The plants didn't arrive. Everytime the guy called the business, he was told they were on their way. Several times the employees were rude. They didn't ship them in the time they stated and when they arrived, the shipping charges were much higher than stated on the website. This customer voiced his opinion on a message board frequented by other aquarium owners. He stated that the company had terrible service and he would recommend never buying anything from them. He and everyone who discussed the faulty service on the message board were sued by the owner of the company. It is estimated that preliminary legal expenses will run about $15,000 for the group. If the case proceeds to trial, attorney's fees and expenses will run upwards of $50,000. Now you can easily substitute those plants for auto parts, or anything someone sells. Do we really have that much freedom?

Just something to get you thinking....

Here's a link with the story
http://216.168.47.67/psw/Fund.htm

·
Registered
726 Posts
Grunge said:
You would assume you have that freedom. I recently came across some information on another message board I frequent that says otherwise. I'll try to give a brief background of the situation. A group of aquarium hobbyists who frequent the Internet Aquatic Plant Digest (Message Board)have been sued in Federal Court for $15,000,000 by Robert Novak d/b/a petswarehouse.com. The lawsuit was filed in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York. All of the defendants reside outside of New York. The lawsuit involves allegations of defamation for certain messages that were posted to the Aquatic Plant Digest.

Basically, a customer ordered some aquarium plants from this company. The plants didn't arrive. Everytime the guy called the business, he was told they were on their way. Several times the employees were rude. They didn't ship them in the time they stated and when they arrived, the shipping charges were much higher than stated on the website. This customer voiced his opinion on a message board frequented by other aquarium owners. He stated that the company had terrible service and he would recommend never buying anything from them. He and everyone who discussed the faulty service on the message board were sued by the owner of the company. It is estimated that preliminary legal expenses will run about $15,000 for the group. If the case proceeds to trial, attorney's fees and expenses will run upwards of $50,000. Now you can easily substitute those plants for auto parts, or anything someone sells. Do we really have that much freedom?

Just something to get you thinking....

Here's a link with the story
http://216.168.47.67/psw/Fund.htm
I think this is basically the reason that some businesses only give neutral employment references for former employees. "Yes, so and so worked here from x date to y date, and held the position of blah, but that's all I can say." This world can be so screwy sometimes. :?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
18 Participants
ekool
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing