Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home from a late day at work last night. Got a late-model Ford F-150 Harley Davidson Edition in a shiny black with the big chrome rims. Guy driving it was looking intense! Anyway, we never got a perfect lineup at a light. Either someone in the way or the light would stay green. We pulled on each other as well as possible without starting from a complete standstill. He would gun it and I popped it down in second and then to third and would drive around his a$$. I probably got close to 80+ a couple of times, but he couldn't pull like the old SRT-4!

W00t!!!!!! :twisted:

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Samel_Camel said:
Driving home from a late day at work last night. Got a late-model Ford F-150 Harley Davidson Edition in a shiny black with the big chrome rims. Guy driving it was looking intense! Anyway, we never got a perfect lineup at a light. Either someone in the way or the light would stay green. We pulled on each other as well as possible without starting from a complete standstill. He would gun it and I popped it down in second and then to third and would drive around his a$$. I probably got close to 80+ a couple of times, but he couldn't pull like the old SRT-4!

W00t!!!!!! :twisted:
Try this on a Lightning. LOL

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Harley Davidson editions = all show and no go. You might as well have been racing a stock F-150.

-faast

·
Registered
22 Posts
[b]Well maybe not ALL show...[/b]

The Harley version does have the 5.4 supercharged engine. It must be detuned from the SVT lightning because it is listed at 340hp(380 for the SVT) which is not to sneeze at. It weighs about 4700 pounds!

Harley 13.7 lbs/hp
SVT 12.2 lbs/hp
SRT4 12.7 lbs/hp (approx-based on 2939 lbs and estimated "true crank hp" 230.)

·
Registered
71 Posts
The older Harley editions were 5.4 normally aspirated editions. Todays editions have the supercharger like the cobra (0-60 4.7, cobra)

·
Registered
33 Posts
IMO 340HP is nothing you should trun your head at.....
The weight of it is what actually kills it.

Vehicle Ford Harley Davidson F-150
Year Produced 2002
Engine Type Supercharged SOHC 5.4L V8
Transmission 4-speed automatic
Horsepower 340 hp @ 4,500 rpm
Torque 425 lb/ft @ 3,250 rpm
Specific Output 62.9 hp per liter
Redline 5,250 rpm

0-60 Mph 6.4 seconds
Quarter Mile 14.7 seconds @ 94.8 mph
Top Speed n/a
Sticker Price $ 37,350

I think the previous posted Timeslips prove that the SRT-4(which is almost a full second faster) can pull this....

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
W3rd, it does have 340hp but it's all negated by the fact that it weighs so damn much. IMO they are truly more show than go, although they're not slow by any means. If you want a truck that goes fast get a Lightning, if you want a truck with chrome 20's and a chrome exhaust tip, get a HDE.

-faast

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Dont come to Tampa Bay cause RaceRelated has a T76 Turbocharged 03' Harley Edition running ehhh 30psi and 150shot :shock: :shock: lets see an SRT-4 pull that 900whp truck :?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts