Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well to all of you who were arguing over whether or not my srt is totaled...

Its not! $13,000 dollars in damage tho!! They woulda given me $18,000 for it if it was totaled.... If i had known that, when i crashed the car i woulda put it in neutral and revved the engine up until the motor blew :) Jkjk... I'll have it back in about a month, and insurance is covering everything (damages, medical, and the rental!) So get this boys and girls, I'm actually thinking about trading it (or selling it if i can get above $17,800) for a Caliber, a good friend of mine works( for Dodge and can get me an awesome deal! I dont think I'm gonna go w/ an srt tho.... right now im trying to focus on saving my money, my $500 deductible is a lot of money i dont have, and I have got to get my ass back in school if i wanna get anywhere in life.... for the first time ever, I just may make the "responsible" choice. Also, there is a 95% chance I will be selling my drag radials, maxxfab s.e.e., and motor mounts when I get her back, I'll def keep you guys posted!!!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
trading a car in for another isn't responsible. It just adds on to your debt. Unless you're going to make a straight trade, in which case you're trading down and will be sitting in a KIA or Hyundai, or something used. But then you're still making monthly payments.

If the payments are getting you, try to refiance the car.

Trading in a vehicle that's around a year old...is pointless

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
bad news...ur not gonna get that much for your car if you try to trade it in or sell it afterwards...i tried to do that with my car b/c it looked perfect from the body shop, and the appraisal person at the dealership spotted the difference in frames underneath the car...i only got offered $11k so i kept the car and now im happy i did. even better than before thanks to a HUGE insurance check...

·
Registered
495 Posts
definitely man just keep the car, plus you know youll miss it as soon as it leaves the driveway anyways!

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
SRT4Newkid said:
definitely man just keep the car, plus you know youll miss it as soon as it leaves the driveway anyways!

X2.....except calling you a guy...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
There's no way in hell you'll get even close to 17,800 for a badly wrecked SRT-4....I don't even think our cars resale value is that high if it was in perfect condition.

·
Forum Moderator
3,790 Posts
just make sure you get a good body shop, mine was wrecked and repaired and its like a new one....sometimes if they are not repaired right they are never the same......

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
master_1011 said:
X2.....except calling you a guy...:thumbsup:
:werd:

lol.... i'm not selling it with damage, the body shop already started working on it, and they gotta be good, its a pontiac dealership, and ive seen them do awesome work on cars before :)

oh i put 10 grand down on the car, so if i trade it in for something else, i will have a lower car payment....

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Kangaroosbounce said:
:werd:

lol.... i'm not selling it with damage, the body shop already started working on it, and they gotta be good, its a pontiac dealership, and ive seen them do awesome work on cars before :)

oh i put 10 grand down on the car, so if i trade it in for something else, i will have a lower car payment....
Right, but you're already in the hole for 10k. That's 10k you're not going to get back.

They say, the best way to finance a car is w/ 0 down. That way any payments you make go towards the time you used it. But you still get into negative equity when trading or selling the car, unless you can get more for it than you financed.

I get a good laugh out of people who buy cars, then trade them in in 6-months...a year...whenever. Since it's the worst financial investment you can make, you better be damn sure you're going to keep the car the full length of the financing terms, or longer.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Scapegoat said:
Right, but you're already in the hole for 10k. That's 10k you're not going to get back.

They say, the best way to finance a car is w/ 0 down. That way any payments you make go towards the time you used it. But you still get into negative equity when trading or selling the car, unless you can get more for it than you financed.

I get a good laugh out of people who buy cars, then trade them in in 6-months...a year...whenever. Since it's the worst financial investment you can make, you better be damn sure you're going to keep the car the full length of the financing terms, or longer.
i planned on keeping her forever.... but you guys dont understand, this car hates me :(

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Kangaroosbounce said:
i planned on keeping her forever.... but you guys dont understand, this car hates me :(
what problems have you been having with the car?

·
Registered
329 Posts
If you get rid of it be readyto go to like 5 dealers until one dealership miss is it and then you could make out ok. I WOULD STILL KEEP IT!

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Scapegoat said:

It all depends on how well you can work over the dealership. I got $17,900 for my 2004 SRT-4 with 21k miles on it when I bought my 2005 ACR. Was it a stupid move to get a new car so soon...yeah, probably...do I regret it...no.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HoNDaPoWeR said:
Get rid of it 13k in damage = major frame damage car will never feel the same at 100+
actually, the frame is fine

1 - 19 of 19 Posts