Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THE-VIOLATOR!!!!

lol srtboy and myself raced our gruge match tonight at Qualcomm and I came out on top.. AGAIN.. lol :readclose

with a time of 8.3x to his 10.1.. hahahahahaha I really shouldn't laugh though, I only got to race him once because he fucked something up with his tranny or his shifter linkage, we don't really know.. He went to shif into third and heard a thud and then had no drive.. Couldn't get any gear.. Not sure if his clutch grenaded, or his tranny is fucked up, or his shifter is fucked, we just aren't sure...

So John you took off before I got to talk to you again.. Did you figure out what it was??

BTW John, I beat your best run of the night too with a [email protected] finally got my 1.9 60ft on that run :clap:

Thought I was gonna get 1st place with that run but some guy with a Chevelle got a 8.1 somthing. :flame: ahh well I'll take second for the night I guess.

Over all I had a blast tonight.. Smoked a modded cobra running 8.4's.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Congrats The-Bragolator :D. I told you guys before, you don't need more power if you can't get it to the ground :tongue:. Now don't get too cocky or i'll have to come out and put you in your place ;).

Sorry to hear about SRTboys car, sounds like he may have broke the input shaft although many a thing could have happened :(.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
nice job violator :thumbsup: way to represent at the Q

·
Registered
7,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Charger_kid said:
Congrats The-Bragolator :D. I told you guys before, you don't need more power if you can't get it to the ground :tongue:. Now don't get too cocky or i'll have to come out and put you in your place ;).

Sorry to hear about SRTboys car, sounds like he may have broke the input shaft although many a thing could have happened :(.
Hey now, I'm not braging, he challenged me, I'm just posting the results.. :hi:

Come on down with your charger.. You can't get much faster than me without breaking out of the domestic class of 8.0. Then you are in the exibition class and not fair to race.. I will braket race you though!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
yup, the tranny seems to be fubar'd. no idea what part yet.

it never fails though, i missed second gear also, got into third and nothing.... if you could imagine the sick feeling i got right then. i guess racing against Jason scares my car and it doesn't want to go into gear!

damn, the tow home cost me almost 120 bucks. ouch. nice times though Jason! S2 w/ N2O is and awesome setup! guess i should have gone "bigger" turbo!

John

·
Registered
7,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
srtboy said:
yup, the tranny seems to be fubar'd. no idea what part yet.

it never fails though, i missed second gear also, got into third and nothing.... if you could imagine the sick feeling i got right then. i guess racing against Jason scares my car and it doesn't want to go into gear!

damn, the tow home cost me almost 120 bucks. ouch. nice times though Jason! S2 w/ N2O is and awesome setup! guess i should have gone "bigger" turbo!

John
Damn bud, I feel bad for you.. Did you end up bringing tools back to look at it, or just got it towed? Did you call dave yet?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
i left a msg on his cell phone, i'm really hoping he gets back to me as he's my only hope here really! i ended up just getting it towed, good thing too, i can't take it apart with the tools i have! the problem is defintely inside the tranny, all the linkage and shifter are fine. i tried moving the controls on the tranny itself by hand and one of them is bound up pretty bad, on what??? i have no idea.

don't worry though, i'll get it back on the road in no time and of course i want a rematch!

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
:smoke:

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
most likely the damned flimsy shift fork.. Somebody really needs to make a stronger aftermarket piece for you drag racers..

it's simple to replace (if it's the shift fork).. Just remove the top plate off the tranny (where the linkage is).

·
Registered
276 Posts
The-Violator said:
Hey now, I'm not braging, he challenged me, I'm just posting the results.. :hi:

Come on down with your charger.. You can't get much faster than me without breaking out of the domestic class of 8.0. Then you are in the exibition class and not fair to race.. I will braket race you though!
Who says you have to run in any 'class'? A race is a race :). And the 8.0 car is my driver (was more like it), i've 2 others i'd bring ;).

One things for sure though, 90 mph is smoking; what was your fastest MPH of the night? I'm always surprised at how much MPH the 4 cylinder cars are putting out yet no ET? For example I was running [email protected]/86 MPH, techinically speaking you have more ET yet to tap into. However, your 60 fts tell me the launch is pretty decent (I was doing 1.8s/1.9s with the 8.0 passes) so I don't know where the ET could be found. Maybe it's just like people say, 4cyl turbos run hard out the back door. What RPM are you launching at and what are you shifting at?

Edit: also, why is x_srt4_x's sig GIF the most disturbing signature i've ever seen? :huh: :eeeek:

·
Registered
7,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Charger_kid said:
Who says you have to run in any 'class'? A race is a race :). And the 8.0 car is my driver (was more like it), i've 2 others i'd bring ;).

One things for sure though, 90 mph is smoking; what was your fastest MPH of the night? I'm always surprised at how much MPH the 4 cylinder cars are putting out yet no ET? For example I was running [email protected]/86 MPH, techinically speaking you have more ET yet to tap into. However, your 60 fts tell me the launch is pretty decent (I was doing 1.8s/1.9s with the 8.0 passes) so I don't know where the ET could be found. Maybe it's just like people say, 4cyl turbos run hard out the back door. What RPM are you launching at and what are you shifting at?

Edit: also, why is x_srt4_x's sig GIF the most disturbing signature i've ever seen? :huh: :eeeek:
Yeah I've noticed that myself.. We'll trap nice and high and have a lower et.. I don't know why.. I am launching at like 5k and shifting around 5800-5900.. I think I may drag out the gears a little longer next time.. IF you look at my dyno graph (click on hp numbers in sig), you can see my power curve is almost flat up top so that leads me to believe I can take her al the way to redline.. What do you think?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Wow impressive graph I didn't know you had dyno'd it. Very surprisingly flat torque curve :thumbsup:. Shift RPM depends on a few factors, but theres a couple things you have to keep in mind. It doesn't matter so much that the motor has to continue making close to peak power at the shift point, but so much that the next gear has sufficient RPM. It's all about torque recovery, when you shift a gear your RPM drops significantly, and it's related to the gear ratio's in the tranny (which for our case will be constant, unless you intend to have a custom tranny built ;) ). For example, say you shift at 6000, and when you do the RPM drops to 4000 (likely over-exaggerated but easier to make my point). Going by your graph you're only making 250 at 4000, so you've just dropped the RPM way below your peak power. Now your motor has to pull past where it's making less power back into the prime RPM band. So say even though your motor starts dropping off power after 6000 (although that's not the case for you) and you won't be 'pulling' much by staying in the gear, you will benefit in the next gear by starting at a higher RPM.

That being said you've got a nice flat torque curve so it won't be as big of a deal, but since your HP isn't dropping like a rock after 6 it's definitely worth a try. You may go faster, you may go slower, or you may stay the same. I'd try to go to 6500, then maybe more. But you should end up shifting at the lowest point without losing ET.

PS. if that A/F ratio is accurate that sucker runs FAT, not really a bad thing but wow, drops below 10 around your peak torque :wah?!: . It's always better to be rich though on a forced induction motor :).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.