Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I am going to take shit for this, but since when is a 14 sec 1/4 mi fast? I'm just wondering what everyone here considers fast? For me, it's 12s.

JC

·
Registered
180 Posts
You mean "quick." I agree to a certain extent. There are loads of new cars out there with more HP and that are quicker. But what's neat about the SRT-4 is how quick it is for a car in its class. It only has 4 cylinders, it lists for less than $20,000, and it has a 7/70 warranty. Try to beat that! And, BTW, it will run high 13's. :)

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I'd say that anything in the 14's is good for a stock vehicle under $30,000. 15's is good for anything under $20,000.

That said, the SRT-4 is FAST, in my opinion. Sure, you can just buy an Viper Venom 900 and get what, 10 second 1/4's, or hell, buy a Russian Mig and have a top speed of Mach 2.0.

It's all relative, and relatively speaking, the SRT-4 is FAST! Okay?

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
So, if SRT's are not fast, what is your 2.5RS? Glacial? :lol: I agree with what was said, no, they aren't fast, but they are very quick.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
el_jefe said:
So, if SRT's are not fast, what is your 2.5RS? Glacial? :lol: I agree with what was said, no, they aren't fast, but they are very quick.
Hehe Own3d :lol:

·
Registered
484 Posts
pfft...Im sure the 2.5rs runs low 14's out of the factory.

This is a dumb post.
How could you say such a thing? YES, I think you are the ONLY person who thinks the SRT-4 isn't fast. Even the WRX guys think it's fast(some just dont like admitting it). I bet in a couple months there WILL be many SRT-4's running 12's...just give it some time, it's a new car.

Ya your going to get alot of heat on this one.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Test drive it and tell me this car isn't fast.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
nice tat :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Faster than my WRX, yeah. Quick is what I would call the suby. I can beat an SRT-4 by 3/10s to 60', but I'm down 5-7mph in trap speed.

E.T. = Quick
Trap = Fast

Any production car over 100mph traps is decently fast. Any production car over 100mph traps that costs < 20k is fast for the money. It's all in your definition, like you say.

For instance: In my family we have a 900cc ninja and a '74 Kawasaki 900 Z1 (well, it USED to be 900cc). Ninja is stock, and I think if you tried hard you might find a stock piece still on the '74. The ninja will trap almost as high and run a higher top speed, but get obliterated elsewhere. Which is the fastest?

VV

AWD OWNZ U said:
I know I am going to take shit for this, but since when is a 14 sec 1/4 mi fast? I'm just wondering what everyone here considers fast? For me, it's 12s.

JC

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't think it's that fast from the factory, but it has the potential to be fast with minimal mods. My definiton for fast would be low 13's high 12's.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I think seat of the pants driving in this car is fast. Magazine after magazine seems to agree. Check out Sport Compact Car, Automobile, and the May issue of Car and Driver, and they all seem to agree that this is a fast car. By your definition of fast, there are only 2 or 3 cars on the market that are fast. Mustang GT slow? I think the quarter mile and 0-60 are similar in that car than the SRT-4. And the Ford buttstain has an engine twice the size.
What car comes from the factory fast? 2.5rs subbie? 150hp awd. My guess is 15's at best. Not a fast car. Go troll somewhere else.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
i think Scooby should have named the STi the 2.5RS-t :twisted: :lol:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
For 20K you can not beat the SRT4. Show me any other stock car that can meet the SRT's numbers for that price. End of story. twisted

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
you have to remember, 143 is fast only if you dont drive a srt-4.............its perfectly ok for a honda or a (gasp!) subie runs 143, but heaven forbid it be possible that a "neon" could run that fast. and by the way the 1/4th isnt the basis oh which to determine if a car is fast, hell all you have to do is change gear ratios.......... i dont know many hondas that can keep going to 143, they just run out of breath........hell the sad thing is, the srt-4 is limited in top speed becasue of WIND DRAG not the computer.....which also means given some better areodynamics this car could possible top 160. all for under 20k........hahahaha if you wanna really fast car go buy a gt-2 or a mclaren f-1, or if you dont feel like selling your soul to get one of those get ya a srt-4 and still have money left over and still be able to go fast

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
spcforker said:
I thought 143MPH WAS Fast!!???
I was obviously refering to quarter mile, not top speed. :roll: Fast can refer to a quarter mile time, go use a dictionary sometime. Nor did I ever say my car is fast, if I think 12s are fast then obviously my car is not. Whenever anyone asks I just tell them it's slow. Nor did I say the WRX was fast (it's not) I like how people put words in my mouth so they can argue with me. To me it can't be fast if you add a for to your sentence. As in it's fast for under $20k or it's fast for a stock car. I mean honestly guys if you are talking to someone and they say my car runs mid-14s are you gonna go, "damn man that's fast?" I guess if they have an SRT-4 you will. :roll:

JC

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
boostedneonsrt4 said:
you have to remember, 143 is fast only if you dont drive a srt-4.............its perfectly ok for a honda or a (gasp!) subie runs 143, but heaven forbid it be possible that a "neon" could run that fast. and by the way the 1/4th isnt the basis oh which to determine if a car is fast, hell all you have to do is change gear ratios.......... i dont know many hondas that can keep going to 143, they just run out of breath........hell the sad thing is, the srt-4 is limited in top speed becasue of WIND DRAG not the computer.....which also means given some better areodynamics this car could possible top 160. all for under 20k........hahahaha if you wanna really fast car go buy a gt-2 or a mclaren f-1, or if you dont feel like selling your soul to get one of those get ya a srt-4 and still have money left over and still be able to go fast
AKA the car runs out of horsepower at top speed.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
srt4evah said:
I'd say that anything in the 14's is good for a stock vehicle under $30,000. 15's is good for anything under $20,000.

That said, the SRT-4 is FAST, in my opinion. Sure, you can just buy an Viper Venom 900 and get what, 10 second 1/4's, or hell, buy a Russian Mig and have a top speed of Mach 2.0.

It's all relative, and relatively speaking, the SRT-4 is FAST! Okay?
DITTO....some folks are just plain jealous.

However, I can't wait for the truck version, so I can beat up the STi. Also, the truck has a .93G saloom run. This will be interesting to see how much a twin-turbo kit cost.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts