Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm researching radiators looking to go with an aftermarket one. I have only been able to find ones by koyo and visteon. Any ideas advice? Maybe with a 180 tstat and upgraded fans.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I can't think of any others besides those 2 listed. What's wrong with the koyo though? One of the vendors has a sale going on for a koyo, 180 T-stat, and radiator cap for $300. I would jump on that deal if I was looking to upgrade.

·
Premium Member
11,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1SLOWSRT said:
I can't think of any others besides those 2 listed. What's wrong with the koyo though? One of the vendors has a sale going on for a koyo, 180 T-stat, and radiator cap for $300. I would jump on that deal if I was looking to upgrade.
Who? Im interested :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx I smashed up the front end and Im replacing it all. I hated how warm my car would get 210-220. I would like to see an operating temp of 180-190.

·
Premium Member
11,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^^^Nice I was considering them only because at this point I dont know if I need a fan. Its pressed up against my intake mani I heard it kick on when we started the car but when fan #2 came on it sounded like it was hitting something. Will that 1 fan be good enough? How do you like it? Where are your operating temps what else is modded with your cooling system?

·
Banned
2,269 Posts
The one fan is ok for me, Because I removed all my a/c and components off the car, So I do not need an a/c fan. The only other cooling thing I did was one of those t-stats. The car never even comes close to half way on the temp gauge.

·
Premium Member
11,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
EklipzGSXkid said:
The one fan is ok for me, Because I removed all my a/c and components off the car, So I do not need an a/c fan. The only other cooling thing I did was one of those t-stats. The car never even comes close to half way on the temp gauge.
Do I have to remove the a/c for this fan? Thats not something Im looking to do sorry but cali is way to hott for nascar on the street lol.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Nothing like a wreck to turn an average car into a local predator. Not saying im jealous ive already broken mine three times :(

·
Premium Member
11,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
My car is by no mears a predator I was on my way to get the supporting mods for my 50trim when this happened. (It would have been a predator) Its a huge letdown man Normally I would be in a rush to get it running again But honestly I dont give 2 shits about it Im broke again cause of it :flame: I think im loosing faith cause right now I dont even want the car anymore I just need it for transportation. :crying:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts