Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometime in September Alpine is releasing a changer controller that can operate your Ipod from the headunit.

In anticipation of this I put an Alpine in my wife's new Mazda tribute. Their MP3 folder/file search is the nicest on the market. You can browse your disc without interupting the current song. The Ipod interface will do the same thing and turn on and shut off the Ipod with your vehicle and also charge it for you. This will put a strain on the Ipod battery but their are always tradeoffs when doing this interoperability.

The only other comapny doing this is Denison with their Icelink product, which cost ~$250 to get setup with your stereo not including the Ipod. That is ridiculous.

The Alpine unit will retail for $100 so you will easily be able to find for $85.

Here are the details if you want to read more: kca-420i.htm

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Their MP3 folder/file search is the nicest on the market.
Unfortunately the iPod interface doesn't work the same way as an MP3 disc.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes it does work the same way using the same search features.

"With any 2004 Alpine Ai-NET head unit, QuickSearch™ keys, and the ergonomic rotary knob make it easy and extremely convenient to search songs stored in the iPod. You can quickly search through your collection by playlist, artist, or album and find exactly what you're in the mood for. The best part is, it allows you to search for music while enjoying your current selection. When you're ready for your next hit, it's as easy as pushing in the knob"

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
last i heard it won't be out till around thanksgiving and they are having a hard time with song naming.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
yes it does work the same way using the same search features.
The way you go about seraching is quite different than with an MP3 disc.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what i meant was it uses the same button scheme. Of course you are searching by playlist, artist, or album and not by folder, but the concept is not that different. Thats the way all these players lean. Of course if you are a kazaa junkie that never takes the time to properly tag the files then you will run into trouble.

I, on the otherhand last year undertook a very ambitious project to rip and tag all 600 of my CDs. They are now in 192kbps mirrored on a RAID card with twin 120's. I did this after I went through a complete loss of the data....from a failed drive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts