Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how would i bypass the video saftey? Would i ground both the parking brake wire, and the foot brake, or would i put a bypass switch in between the parking brake ( throw a ground in there ) and leave the foot brake alone? or just ground both wires permantly

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
04electricblue said:
how would i bypass the video saftey? Would i ground both the parking brake wire, and the foot brake, or would i put a bypass switch in between the parking brake ( throw a ground in there ) and leave the foot brake alone? or just ground both wires permantly
just ground the wire perm

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
just ground the wire perm
it's not that simple. Unlocking the display is more than just grounding the parking brake lead.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
are they Alpine?

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so what is the concensus? do i need to trick the system by supply some sort of voltage back to the system ( buy a bypass ) or can i just ground it?

·
Registered
685 Posts
04electricblue said:
the wire will be off the BRAIN and have a black stripe in it.. basically the wire your not using.. for my pioneer it was green with black stripe.. just tie it into a ground.. and it should work..G/L

·
Registered
1,106 Posts

this is from the CVA-1004, but they all work the same way.

·
Tha man
911 Posts
On Alpine you just can't ground the wire. Do this, hook the foot brake up as you normally would. Hook the hand brake wire to a toggle switch. One wire of the toggle switch to ground, the other to the parking brake wire side. Now, when you want to watch tv, hold the foot brake while switching the toggle switch on, off, on. There ya go, enjoy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts