Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you cut your stop rings could you please post your pics and results?if it is a bad idea i would like to know.thanx

·
Registered
802 Posts
DONT DO IT! My buddy cut his. The coilovers are now out of the car, blown, and hes back on stock setup.

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
damn sucks....

Rob?

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
if you cut em, talk to KW first and see how much it'll cost to get em rebuilt (worst case scenario).. Then make that decision after you gathered more facts.

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
zephrus21 said:
if you cut your stop rings could you please post your pics and results?if it is a bad idea i would like to know.thanx
I'm confused. What does cutting the ring do? Can't ya undo the tiny hex nut and lower away? What does cutting the ring give ya another 1/4"? Just curious as to the reason one would do it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
lowering the stop ring is the same thing as "cutting" the stop ring.. same effect. going lower than what was intended.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I thought the ring was there because mopar does not want you to go any lower...had nothing to do with KW - except that they make them to mopars specs.

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
boggus said:
I thought the ring was there because mopar does not want you to go any lower...had nothing to do with KW - except that they make them to mopars specs.
You can lower the ring. It has a small "locking" allen key to do so, I'm pretty sure. Part of the selling point on them is the adjustability. ALTHOUGH the instructions suggest you do not lower them much, if at all. So, why say they are "adjustable, up and down" in the first place? Don't know. Go figure.

·
Registered
567 Posts
boggus said:
That's the thing.. Alot of people buy these coilovers wanting both a lowered look, and ride quality. The mopar's stop rings still makes the car look like a 4x4, hence they aren't happy when they get it on (at least, to what they were accustomed to seing in other SRT'4s lowered with springs).

The cutting of the stop rings question is one of those recurring questions that get's posted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts