Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my srt-4 from TOwbin Dodge. An to be completely honesty they tried to rip me.. Beware if you go to towbin dodge they will try to rip u off i sat there for nearly 5 hours while they tried to juice a heftier down payment outa me. After i turned them down for htat they told me to get a co-signer which i did an they said his credit was great but they would not accept it because he was outa state. After that They tried to intimidate me by asking me about my car payments that i made when i had my audi asking me if i ever had a late payment an if i did that they would take the car back. I'm not quite sure what they were trying to accomplish but it did not work. finally after 4 hours of them B.S ing they said that they could finance me on my own which i knew the whole time. We went into the back becuase they wanted me to sign a new contract which i didnt realize what they were doing until after i had already signed the paperwork. they marked the interest rate up to 17.9 percent an told me i was greedy.... I realize that i should have read the fine print but there tactics worked they made me sit there for hours an fuck with my head until i didnt really care nemore. Now i have to wait 6 months an refinance it. It doesnt matter i am happy with the car and its only 6 months worth of faggot towbin dodge F***ing me in my arse payments.. Just BEWARE that they will try to bend u over if u go there....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,971 Posts
Sounds like you have a credit problem. Most dealerships have trouble with out of state cosigners. Next time, get your financing on your own, thru a credit union if you can.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,247 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bad experience. As soon as a dealer tries that crap with me I walk out. There is no excuse for being treated like that. Hopefully someone else will learn from your story.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,203 Posts
Killiah said:
I bought my srt-4 from TOwbin Dodge. An to be completely honesty they tried to rip me.. Beware if you go to towbin dodge they will try to rip u off i sat there for nearly 5 hours while they tried to juice a heftier down payment outa me. After i turned them down for htat they told me to get a co-signer which i did an they said his credit was great but they would not accept it because he was outa state. After that They tried to intimidate me by asking me about my car payments that i made when i had my audi asking me if i ever had a late payment an if i did that they would take the car back. I'm not quite sure what they were trying to accomplish but it did not work. finally after 4 hours of them B.S ing they said that they could finance me on my own which i knew the whole time. We went into the back becuase they wanted me to sign a new contract which i didnt realize what they were doing until after i had already signed the paperwork. they marked the interest rate up to 17.9 percent an told me i was greedy.... I realize that i should have read the fine print but there tactics worked they made me sit there for hours an fuck with my head until i didnt really care nemore. Now i have to wait 6 months an refinance it. It doesnt matter i am happy with the car and its only 6 months worth of faggot towbin dodge F***ing me in my arse payments.. Just BEWARE that they will try to bend u over if u go there....
You should report it to the Chrysler folks how you was treated.

It is sad to see any dealership treat folks like that.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,578 Posts
damn, 18%? there is no way i would have payed that. you should have tried another dealer. they sound like complete assholes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea i had the one from before. they said that i just ad to resign an that nothing is changed so i signed it then as i was walking out i decided to just take a peak at it an it said 17.9 % i turned around an was like what the f**k is this. THe guy actually said well we had to get our money some way since u didn't want to give us a bigger down payment. basically saying yea we wanted ot fu*k u in the arse.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Desert Dodge tried to pull the same thing on me but it didn't work. They still manage to add the wheel and tire protection in the end. Are you station in Nellis? My friend told me there's a new silver SRT-4 on base.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,270 Posts
Killiah said:
Yea i had the one from before. they said that i just ad to resign an that nothing is changed so i signed it then as i was walking out i decided to just take a peak at it an it said 17.9 % i turned around an was like what the f**k is this. THe guy actually said well we had to get our money some way since u didn't want to give us a bigger down payment. basically saying yea we wanted ot fu*k u in the arse.....
A little revenge you can do is FUCKING THEM HARD on the dealer report card. In a month or two, you will get a SURVEY from DCX. This is your chance to screw them back. Give the dealer ALL NEGATIVE SCORES and trust me DCX will see it and will phone them on their conduct. This is how dealers are rated 5 star or not. It's all up to the customer, so you have a little power. MAKE SURE YOU FILL IT OUT AND SEND IT BACK AS SOON AS YOU GET IT!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Already done that. I bought my car over a month ago. I been reading in this forum since then. I just decided to register after reading this post. The dealer had to do my papers five times. They keep putting new sh*t I don't want. I'm still happy on getting this car. I had to get rid of my 99 Cougar. Feel sorry for the guy that bought it three days later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea i been seeing my black audi that i traded in on the chopper show. They cleaned her up pretty nice To bad you can't do much to enhance the performance of that car because of the year. thats the only reason i traded it in
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
chico
so you're the guy that bought the red one at desert dodge. they tried to get me to buy that one but i wanted a black one so i had to wait for a week to get it. dude, they were using your car as a test drive car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
chico
do you live on nellis and charleston. i think i've seen you driving around that area in the morning. i have the black srt with black wheels and lowered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
I seen you both. I love those black wheels on that car. Yeah, I know they use my car as test drive but I needed a new car quick because my other one was falling apart. Plus they gave me a good deal on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Is there a decent dealership in Vegas that I can check out the car at? I don't trust Towbin's now.. and read below to see why I don't like Chapman's. What about Desert? Anyone purchased there??

I test drove one today @ Chapman's tented display at Walmart on Nellis & Stewart. I looked at the sticker on the window and they added $3900 for seat protectant, and some other little things. I asked them if the car was available without the package and they said no. BS?
They also said that they had 2 SRT-4's w/ sunroofs. I thought sunroofs weren't an option this year?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,578 Posts
ourformerselves said:
They also said that they had 2 SRT-4's w/ sunroofs. I thought sunroofs weren't an option this year?
not unless they put it in themselves. either way, stay away from them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,408 Posts
yo, i got my srt-4 from da chop at towbin... traded in da beauty below (its on the front of harmon autos this week ;-) )... 10k for da clipse, and 19995 for da srt-4... after taxes/bullshit fees, it was about 23k... minus 10, and i got a stage 3 motor w/a 100k warrantee, bumper and drievtrain...


anyways, hit up the vegasDSM meet at sahara in&out by da 15 on saturday nights.... at about 7:30ish....

i'm there, and our fellow turbo 420az r there...

payce, and good lookin out...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Chapman Dodge needs to learn at least 1 thing about this car! Apparently they don't know a damn thing about the car. I told them today that I would want a newer car since the one on the lot has 90+ miles on it, and I know those miles were not babied.. and the salesman said not to worry about it because "ALL Dodge cars & trucks come to the dealers ALREADY broken in, and there is no need to break the car in once you buy it". I'm thinking about bringing a gun the next time I visit the dealership so I can shoot these stupid fuks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I live in Vegas, going to be picking up an SRT-4 soon
Just been floating around here the last couple of days :
Did Towbin really screw you over that much? Talked to the guy on the phone, he sounded pretty cool, though he was spouting off stuff about the car, etc etc.

How would you rate your buying experience in LV? Last car I looked into buying down here was a Jetta, backed out on it last minute from Shack Findlay ...

The whole Chapman's thing sounds way too out there, (sunroof, wtf?) so I'll probably go either Towbin or Desert in the end, if I can get them to drop all the unnecessary shit.

Apparently the guy on the phone said $23k plus, I wanted to tell him bullshit over the phone, but refrained.

How much did you guys get marked up?

And I'll see you out on the streets when I get mine :p
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top