Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok first off ever since seeing the fmic in person i've wanted one..good price.performance is there..looks bad-ass.now all these threads are rolling around about the crash bar issue and ya it concerns me..for the fact im trying to build a street car and accidents happen..are any cti owners concerned about ditching the crash bar?just thought i would post in this section t get all my local friends input about the issue..not bashing in anyway...

·
Registered
641 Posts
I'm not too concerned. I like the performance. The FMIC is monstrous and mounts in 3 locations using heavy duty steel. It is somewhat of a crash beam in itself. Pick the unit up, its pretty beefy, especially compared to the stock intercooler. Buy a good strut bar as well and you'll be fine..

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
<<<<<<<<Not woried here. If accident does happen then mabey i'll rethink but i'm thinking positive..

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Scotty, I'm not worried about it and here's why. If I understand correctly, the "crash bar" you remove in order to put in the FMIC is only for 5mph dings anyway. It will not help you in a big accident anyway. Plus, everyone knows that the crashes that really do the most damage are offset crashes anyway!

It's worth it for the extra performance IMO...but like Dave said, I have not been in a crash yet so hopefully my luck will continue!

*EDIT* I just read on another thread that it's not just for 5mph crashes so maybe everyone should ignore that part of my post....I don't know what I'm talking about anyway...:frogtongu

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya it's just something i was thinking about..god knows i have the worst luck w. cars..hopefully my luck wont become that bad

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
NBSRT04 said:
ok first off ever since seeing the fmic in person i've wanted one..good price.performance is there..looks bad-ass.now all these threads are rolling around about the crash bar issue and ya it concerns me..for the fact im trying to build a street car and accidents happen..are any cti owners concerned about ditching the crash bar?just thought i would post in this section t get all my local friends input about the issue..not bashing in anyway...
Maybe CTI could make a 4 inch deep "stock fitting" unit much like the big unit but half the height with the same designed endtanks and what not??

I would be down for that :)

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
i dont plan on crashing but wouldnt mind having a replacement bumper...think willy could make something like the other company has...

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anymore input on the matter...i think the idea of fabing something up from cti is a good one.dont know exactly what can be done..but i'm sure we all could come up w. something

1 - 8 of 8 Posts