Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running Hotchkis springs and I am sure that I need an alignment now.

I plan on doing some Autox in the car this year and drive it as a daily driver in the summer. Where should the camber, toe etc be set at and do I have to get a rear alignment as well?

Thanks

·
Administrator
39,431 Posts
yes, you need a 4 wheel alignment.

if you don't have slotted clevis bolt holes or "crash" bolts you won't be able to adjust camber.

Set the toe to factory spec, and get the most camber you can in the front, then 0.5° less negative camber in the rear. You won't get any odd wear on the tires until you get over -2° camber.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I purchased the camber bolts today and installed them. If you look in Wheel Alignment page 55 -56 in the Neon Service Manual, it says to remove and replace the top Strut Clevis Bracket to Steering Knuckle Bolt and loosen the bottom one. Then at the bottom of the page it says to remove the bottom one as well??? So do you replace the top one only or both of the bolts on each side??

When getting it aligned today they most they could get was -1.3 then it would level out at -0.9 so they left it at that on each side and said it might change a little more once the springs settle in, is this true?

Also the rear was -1.0 and I told them to go ahead and leave it until I get the rear bolts.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Im in the same boat the front is at 0deg left,-.4 right. Rear is -1.0left ,-.8 right. I would like the frount to be around -1 and rear -.5. Hope the eibach 1.75deg bolts I ordered will correct this and hold a set?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Longhsot said:
I purchased the camber bolts today and installed them. If you look in Wheel Alignment page 55 -56 in the Neon Service Manual, it says to remove and replace the top Strut Clevis Bracket to Steering Knuckle Bolt and loosen the bottom one. Then at the bottom of the page it says to remove the bottom one as well??? So do you replace the top one only or both of the bolts on each side??

When getting it aligned today they most they could get was -1.3 then it would level out at -0.9 so they left it at that on each side and said it might change a little more once the springs settle in, is this true?

Also the rear was -1.0 and I told them to go ahead and leave it until I get the rear bolts.

Rear is fine for now. Just make sure you have the toe set to your desired preferences. If you work on the front toe and what not you will find what you like. For autocross you will want more toe out then you'd run on the street. Your settings are fine for camber. You may revisit this as you drive more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts