Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the dealer to get the alarm activated and none of the people knew what I was talking about but I was able to talk them into trying it out since I had the instructions on how to do it. They said that they had never had to activate anybodys alarm so I got to watch the man as he went through the steps and it looked like he did everything right. When he was done we tested it by rolling the window down and opened the door from the inside and the alarm went off so I thought it was working. Well I got home and tried it from the outside but it didn't work. Is it only supposed to work from the inside or did we not do something right? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
how to test
1. start your car
2. open your drivers window
3. shut off your car
4. exit the car
5. lock the doors with the key fob
6. you should notice the alarm light on the dash start flashing slowly in about 20 seconds
7. reach through the window and open your door.
8. Alarm should sound the horn and flash the lights.

hope that helps.
Im sure there are some threads about this that you could search out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That works, but my question/problem is is the alarm supposed to work if you try to open the locked door from the outside?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.