Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...I got the air fuel gauge and oil pressure gauge for my 04 srt. I didn't want to mess anything up and wanted to ensure I had everything done the correct way so I took it to my dodge dealer. Well...that was yesterday morning. Apparently they were having a lot of problems doing it yesterday...and the oil sending unit was leaking oil.

Now today they tell me I won't have my car until tomorrow because they had to order a special 02 sensor in order to get the air fuel gauge to work. And this sensor will run me about 115 dollars...not to mention the crap load I will be paying for labor!!!!!!

So question-- how difficult is it to install these gauges and do I indeed need a different o2 sensor or r they rippin me???

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
If you know your way around wiring then it shouldn't be a problem. You have to splice into the ignition wire for power, find a ground, and hook up the signal wire to the O2 sensor. Now there is an easier-cheaper way to do this. You can get a single-wire O2 sensor ($20) instead of the Mopar O2 sensor. There are a few threads about going this route. Just do a search it should be easy to find.

EDIT: I imagine the dealer will charge 2-3 hours labor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.