Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so i put the WGA on my car and know my car is having all sorts of problems i'm getting a code that reads p0123 throttle sensor hi. My car is misfiring constintly and I followed all the directions to a T wtf anyone else having these problems? anyone from agp care to comment? or have any suggestions? Please help me its my only car.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
ok dude, i dunno what instructions you followed, but i can agree with you a little bit, i did have some problems with mine when i first installed it, but everything is good now. i will tell you how i set mine up, and if this is different from yours, mayeb you can try my setup, if it still doesnt help you, then i would say your problem is something else....ok, heres what i did....

disconnect the black and green lines coming from the turbo and disconnect them fron the solenoids. remove them completely if you want them out of your way, but you can leave them there. plug off both exposed nipples on the solenoids.

loop the nipple from the compressor to the WGA and put a hose connector in the middle of it with a very small hole drilled in it. size does matter, so dont go too big. mine looks like it is prolly about 1/16th of an inch, roughly. not sure. but it works fine.

go look down near the throttle body and you will find a red line going into the pipe coming up frm the intercooler. disconnect the line at that spot and plug the nipple and the end of the hose also if you so choose. this red line is most likely the line that is sensing your problem and compensating for it. by disconnecting it, you will no longer get the code. at least, i didnt.

ok, now as far as your misfiring goes, i woudl say you have one of two problems going on there....

either your boost is set WAY too high, or your plugs are worn or gapped improperly.

one more note....if you are still running the stock computer (like me) expect to get engine codes alot. the stock computer is designed to warn the owner of any possible problems LONG before they become serious in order to keep the car running longer and help you get it to the shop sooner. if you are running a S1 or S2 computer, you will get far less codes, yet it still remains safe. just a little FYI.

anyway, good luck with that. just so you know, you arent the only one who has had this problem....it took alot of patience on my part, but the problem is definitely fixed now. i get NO engine codes that are boost related anymore.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,975 Posts
If your getting a TPS error, then your TPS harness probably is damaged. This is a COMMON problem on SRT4s and has nothing to do with the WGA. Look at the TPS harness and you can probably see if its broken or unplugged.

·
Premium Member
4,568 Posts
p0123 and p1188 are both associated with PTB. Did you plug the red line? If not, then there's the source of your code.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts