Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installed my AGP WGA, and i can adjust it to get more boost, but it still falls off nearing redline. tonight i was hitting 17 but by 5500 it was at 14? i thought the point of the WGA was to hold the boost all the way to redline? i have not installed my MBC (do have the bleed valve though), so when i do that will it hold till redline. thanks for all the help so far with my stupid questions. i am new to turbo cars!

·
Premium Member
9,774 Posts
iwhine said:
installed my AGP WGA, and i can adjust it to get more boost, but it still falls off nearing redline. tonight i was hitting 17 but by 5500 it was at 14? i thought the point of the WGA was to hold the boost all the way to redline? i have not installed my MBC (do have the bleed valve though), so when i do that will it hold till redline. thanks for all the help so far with my stupid questions. i am new to turbo cars!
won't hold 17psi to redline...

look at the turbo design and then you see why.

Max it would be around 16psi to redline if every leak is fixed.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is my only mod so far. no exhaust. boost controller should be here within a week, psi-fi intake will be here tuesday, and S1 in a month or so. then ill get my exhaust. will it make that much of a difference with the exhaust? thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
9,774 Posts
iwhine said:
this is my only mod so far. no exhaust. boost controller should be here within a week, psi-fi intake will be here tuesday, and S1 in a month or so. then ill get my exhaust. will it make that much of a difference with the exhaust? thanks for your help!
things will "wake" up with the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Thats normal its always gonna drop off like that. I run 20 psi dropping to 16 at redline for high boost, and 14 psi dropping to 13 or so by redline for low boost.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
i am assuming...the aftermaket WGA are better for full boost in every gear...

i noticed my S1 with stock wga will only boost around 10 psi in 1st....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.