Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this post seems newbish :cow:, honestly I did try the 'search' feature. But I dunno, maybe I wasn't using all the right terms.

I recently installed an AGP wastegate accutator and Turbosmart MBC, and tuned it to spike to 17psi then drop to 15 toward redline. I'm running from the turbo to MBC to the wastegate, with the two stock solinoids capped. At WOT boost pegs and I can hear flutter for a few seconds, until the rpms rise and boost settles back to 14~15 psi. I'm accustomed to hearing flutter now and again at low rpms, but I've never experienced that before. Is this normal because we are bypasing the ECU, or do I not have it tuned correctly?

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Its the quick spool at low rpms causing this flutter noise. you gotta re-learn your driving with the boost controller. Its normal though.

·
Registered
802 Posts
even without a MBC, you will most likely hear flutter using an aftermarket wga, or with just an MBC.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's always been there at lower RPMS, it's one of the first things I noticed when I had my short ram on. But should I have flutter at max boost @ wide open throttle? I'm still using the stock surge valve, is that my problem?

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,975 Posts
Mopar rice valve won't do anything, as it still uses the crappy stock BOV. The problem is the weak spring in the stock unit can open and cause boost to leak, which makes the turbo have to spin faster and all sorts of crappy stuff.

A real BOV will help, but probably won't eliminate the issue. The only way to get rid of all the issues, flutter, surge, boost spikes, boost falling off,... is to put a bigger turbo on it.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Glad someone else posted this. I don't get it at WOT put 3/4 throttle, like when I'm riding someone's ass on the autobahn at high speed but I'm not fully on it..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good advice nick. At least I know it's not something to be too concerned about. Maybe next summer I'll alleviate the problem with a larger hairdryer :frogtongu

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
flutter = compressor surge.....its the correct term for this condition ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts