Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i just installed my AGP WGA and set it to about 12 psi like their sheet said.
I turned up my boost with my TurboXSBC to about 17 psi. it holds 15 till about 4500-5K and then drops back off to about 12-13 by redline just like my stock WG did. Are you supposed to set it for 12-13 psi at redline or?? Sorry if this has been asked 50K times but i did a search and nothing came up.

Thanks,
Bryan

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
just turn it up a bit more. Keep adjusting it till you see the results you want. The page is suppose to give you a general idea of what to set it to, but i imagine every car is different.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i also almost had it where i wanted it and when i floored it, it kinda bogged and backfired. i think its too much boost and not enough fuel. i guess ill just have to play with it until i get it right. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone else have any input? i did everything that AGP said by adjusting the boost with the wastegate to 12-13 psi and tried to crank it up to about 17 with my turbo xs MBC so it will fall off to 15 at redline and sometimes its bogging/popping and when it doesnt, the boost still falls off to about 12 by redline. Any ideas?

Thanks guys,
Bryan

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
how do you know what your WGA is set at, how did you tune it? Im asking this because maybe your setting it up to what you think is 12-13 and it's actually different. When you tighten/loosed the nut on the arm, do you have the MBC set? I set my WGA with just it connected in the line.... no BC installed to vary what the actual WGA is boosting. I would take the BC off, hook the lines upto the WGA and go out and tune it, making sure you run it through all gears and in high rpms to see what it spikes and drops to. then once you get it at like 13psi, install the BC and then go through the motions again.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am S0. I also set the WGA with the BC on but it was turned all the way down. Im just gonna try changing my plugs and wires and see if the bucking stops. Right now i have it set for 12-13 at it drops to about 10 at redline with the BC turned all the way down. I give it one turn up with the BC and the bucking starts up again, so im lost....

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Bryan said:
I am S0. I also set the WGA with the BC on but it was turned all the way down. Im just gonna try changing my plugs and wires and see if the bucking stops. Right now i have it set for 12-13 at it drops to about 10 at redline with the BC turned all the way down. I give it one turn up with the BC and the bucking starts up again, so im lost....
take off the MBC, fuck with the WGA (set it to 15psi) and then fuck with your MBC.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Bryan said:
hmm, I was planing to get the AGP WGA, and since i'm also S0. I was hope that it would boost 14.5-15psi, and just hold till redline without even tapering off. Is that even possible?

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
rans04srt4 said:
hmm, I was planing to get the AGP WGA, and since i'm also S0. I was hope that it would boost 14.5-15psi, and just hold till redline without even tapering off. Is that even possible?
It will hold 15psi redline on S0 with no problems, if you're not an idiot and know how to tune it. I have personally seen it hold 18psi to redline on a S1 car...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea im just not quite sure what im doing wrong. Ill take off the MBC and just set the wastegate by itself and see what that does. Also, my #2 spark plug wire isnt really held in that well (it doesnt click in when you push it down like the others) Could that be maybe part of the problem? 1 more ?. What color lines are you guys using to run to your MBC, Aftermarket BOV, etc.

Thanks a bunch,
Bryan

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
I Left the green line attached to the compressor side of the turbo, and the Black line conneced to the WGA, just like it looked stock. BUT then at solenoid 2, i disconnected the green and black lines, then capped the solenoid, and hooked those lines upto the boost controller.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts