Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on the AGP WGA with my stage 2 setup. I have it set up how the stage 2 was, diagram 1 in the link below http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

Right now it's spiking 23, holding 19-20 and dropping to 15 at redline. Is there any reason to set it up like figure 2 if it's not cutting boost? and is that an ok psi to be running? It pulls so much harder now than it did with the s2 at 16 psi.

Thanks

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any opinions on boost level/wga setup? Also, would water injection help against knock and timing being pulled?

·
Registered
681 Posts
i have same setup, i think you should lower the spike to 20-21, dont know too much about the water injection so i wont even try

·
Registered
362 Posts
i thought that going to a apg wga would in itself remove ptb....

i'm having Nemo's men at rage install it i guess we both should look over the lines together.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Napper said:
i thought that going to a apg wga would in itself remove ptb....

i'm having Nemo's men at rage install it i guess we both should look over the lines together.
The stage 2 Wastegate is why you have no PTB problems on the stage 2 setup. If you have a AGP wastegate on a stage 2 set up I am not sure if you will have PTB problems or not. Maybe someone can chime in on that one. Napper I didn't think a stage 2 was in your budget?? Now you have one and it is installed?

·
Registered
681 Posts
haha, if you dont want to deal with ptb, dont get the agp wga. the s2 wga is much better for driveability but it doesn't hold boost as well as the agp. i chose to get the agp because i want as much out of my car as possible.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PTB with the AGP isn't bad at all. Yes, it is worse than the S2, and will hit 15+ psi at 2/3 throttle, but it doesn't really affect my daily driving. I'm either driving slowly trying to get good gas mileage or beating the hell out of it, so it hasn't changed a thing.

Enough off topic, get back to the original questions :thumbsup:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Question

McMoo said:
I just put on the AGP WGA with my stage 2 setup. I have it set up how the stage 2 was, diagram 1 in the link below http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

Right now it's spiking 23, holding 19-20 and dropping to 15 at redline. Is there any reason to set it up like figure 2 if it's not cutting boost? and is that an ok psi to be running? It pulls so much harder now than it did with the s2 at 16 psi.

Thanks
You should get a ptp spring mod for your Agp wga it will hold a little more boost.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
trendsetter75 said:
McMoo said:

Thanks
You should get a ptp spring mod for your Agp wga it will hold a little more boost.

It actually has the PTP spring mod and when I first installed the WGA, I hit 30psi:eeeek: It sounded amazing but I let off immediately in fear of blowing something up. Anyways, its definitely holding boost got it to hold 19-20 and 15 at redline, I'm pretty happy with the butt dyno but we'll see how it does next time at the track.

·
Banned
1,494 Posts
i like the s3 aggp wga. lots of adjustments

·
Registered
15 Posts
ok got a few questions i am seriously thinking about running stage 2 and the agp wga. what are the benefits of the agp over the stage 2 wga. how much boost does stage 2 push compared to agp and which one holds the boost better? i want something thats gonna push a solid 19lbs and hold it. Thanks

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
5exs229 said:
ok got a few questions i am seriously thinking about running stage 2 and the agp wga. what are the benefits of the agp over the stage 2 wga. how much boost does stage 2 push compared to agp and which one holds the boost better? i want something thats gonna push a solid 19lbs and hold it. Thanks
Wow, this was an old thread. I was searching for something else when I noticed someone posted in here. My stage 2 held 16 psi, and 12 at redline. Of course it depends on how you adjust it, but AGP is much easier to adjust, and right now Im holding 22psi and 16-17 at redline. Max numbers the AGP will hold more boost due to the stronger spring. There's no comparison IMO, and am definitely happy I have the AGP now. Part throttle boost is a little worse, but I don't think it's a problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts