Dodge SRT Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
I would recommend a known good piece of vac line from turbo nipple to WGA to test turbo and WGA. Boost should be lower than you want.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Appreciate the feedback; Going to give it shot this evening

For my own sanity; If the boost is low, but steady, the WGA is good and I do in fact have a vacuum leak somewhere else...and if it remains to high the WGA is no good correct?

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Yes and then you can just drop the stocker back on and retest to make sure. I think the AGP spring is 8psi IIRC.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So definitely less boost with the line routed from turbo to WGA. About 10-12 psi. Still retarded idle and smoking hard when I hit the gas...not so much idling.
New vac lines, solenoids, vac lines, leak tester and manifold gasket en route. Will swap it all and see what happens.
why would I all of a sudden be smoking so bad though? I blow the center seal on the turbo from to much boost maybe?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Alright guys I bow to your intelligence and apologize for my ignorance. Change every vac line, solenoid, and rechecked evreything else. Did a boost leak test and brake clean while running "technical examination". One small crack in palstic line and intake mani is definitely leaking. Still cannot get the damn AGP WGA to stay under HOLY S**T levels of boost so not sure what I'm doing wrong there but put the stocker back in and every thing (minus hanging idle) is back to normal. Doing the manifold next. yeah

Posted a seperate thread in the engine/turbo section though as the boost leak test had me checking up underneath for good measure and i found a second BOV?? Its hooked to the throttle body teed into the pcv connection there. But I also have the mopar Blue plate with the pink line still hooked up....thoughts?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts