Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed when I first installed my AGP WGA, tuned it to 14 PSI, before finally installing my TurboXS HPBC that when the WGA was preloaded to a cettain PSI, it 'pretty much' held that PSI to redline. Whereas adding the BC to the Mix, although easier to control, brought back the typical drop off of 2 - 4 PSI @ or near redline. I've read likewise on here more than a few times, and even read that a few people were getting rid of the MBC entirely from the mix to get better boost hold for this reason.

My question(s) is(are); if you can get the WGA alone to hold boost better, is the MBC just in there to improve driveability and/or engine longievity? Meaning keeping from over boosting at low RPMS, etc, etc. Is it damaging (aside from boosting too high at low RPMS) to try to achive lets say 17lbs all the way to redline in 3rd (maybe even 2nd) gear using just the WGA on a Stage 1 car? I've done plenty of searching and have heard 17 is fine for A/F on Stage 1 per se many a times, but I hesitate to drop the MBC from the mix if so few others are dropping it altogether. At least not without some opinions from others here first. My setup is w/Mopar BOV so I am running the BC off the green line (I connected the Green line to the MBC close to the turbo, then I removed the continued portion of the green line from 2 solenoid @ the airbox). If it is for engine or turbo durabilities sake, would a quality EBC perform better as far as holding boost while retaining durability? I can't complain when comparing my results with others so I assume everything is setup fine. As of right now the car peaks to about 17lbs in third and holds till -4800-5000, where it drops slowly till redline to about 14 or 13. If I get on it too early in third for some reason, say at 45 MPH, it might spike to 18, doing about the same as above till redline. Seems safe for Stage 1, I would just like to hold alittle better uisng just the WGA, if that is safe too.

Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
o k well me and several new england srt-4 owners havejust stuck w. using just the wga as a source of a BC...no HPmbc or ebc..just the wga..i have mine t'd off of the green line holding 16 psi to redline..i have no stage 1..just the edtip mod..i can have it set to 17psi to redline but i can hear some sputtering ..kind of the sound b4 it hits fuel cut so i played it safe and lowered it to 16psi intil i go stage 2/3 route.....as far as you having stage 1..you can safely put it up to 18psi or so and be fine..just be warry of PTB..at first i posted about how i didnt have any ptb in some threads but ive noticed it alot more now and theres been some research about how during daily driving to not let it boost past 10psi for a ample amount of time cause it will cause EGT's to skyrocket..as far as WOT goes 18 psi your fine at about 12:1 A/f ratio

1 - 2 of 2 Posts