Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i already searched for about 20 minutes and couldnt find my answer, so now ill ask.
this is what my boost looks like now.
1st gear - hold at 13
2nd gear - hold at 15
3rd gear - holds at 17-18
fourth - didnt try

my problem is this. first of all it takes a long ass time to build boost to these levels, second i havent installed the bleed valve which i think might be my boost problem (i thought it would hold the same amount in all gears?) i am running it off the stock black line. and didnt find leaks anywhere. so questions:

1) do i need to/ and where should i install the bleed valve?
- im assuming in the rubber part of the black line.

2) should i cap the black line and ue a T fitting to get into one of the other colored lines? if so which one. i am still S0 but will have S1 in 5 weeks or so. will i need to change colors then also.

3) why is it taking till i hit 4K RPMs to boost up?

ive tried adjusting the WGA and im either getting low boost in 1st gear with 15 psi in 3rd or im getting 12 in first with 17-18 in third.

thanks in advance for any suggestions. and yes i read the how to install- i guess im just a little slow at this install!

EDIT: just did a highway pull and in fourth (hit 17 psi) i got an engine light. im assuming overboost code. im resetting the computer right now.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
READ SOME MORE.

I think i got it. so i need to run a vacuum line from the turbo housing (where green line is) to my bleed valve, to my WGA (where black line is). remove the green line and Black line and plug up the holes where they used to be connected at the solenoid. Someone correct me if im wrong. thanks.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
dont forget to cap the redline, no more overboost

and the bleed will spool it a lot faster...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.