Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK i installed wastegate just like the instructions from them and on the site said to. I removed stock wasteate, moved the arm all the way over to the drivers side and that's where I'm only getting 5 lbs of boost. I installed it just like stock no hoses removed yet. I am going to disconnect the hose from the stock waste gate location, install my boost contoller and cap off the stock line and the green line would that correct my problem?

·
Registered
173 Posts
remove green line from turbo housing and cap. Run hose from nipple on housing to boost controller. Run hose from other end of boost controller to wastegate actuator. This should take care of your problem. Let me know if you need anything else.

·
Registered
177 Posts
turn the lock nut towards the wastgate and use a adjustable wrench to turn the adjustment nut towards the firewall...keep turning til your making around 13 psi or where your happy.

I dont have any spike so i tuned mine to 16 psi.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Isn't wireless networks great!! ok this is what i did. I took the stock green line off and capped it. Took the little rubber hose it was connected with off and ran that to the boost controller. Took the stock black hose that connected to wastegate off capped it and ran that little rubber hose to boost controller to the AGp wastegate. Took it for a run and i get a good 15lbs but i get a cool whoosh! noise every now and then, is that normal?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok this is where i get confussed. Are we talking AGP or boost controller? I bought a turbo smart one (had to be diffrent) It has a huge dial on top the tells me + or - boost. If where talking AGP unit, The jam nut is the one that is closest the arm the lock nut is the one that looks like it's welded right?

·
Registered
177 Posts
layz said:
Ok this is where i get confussed. Are we talking AGP or boost controller? I bought a turbo smart one (had to be diffrent) It has a huge dial on top the tells me + or - boost. If where talking AGP unit, The jam nut is the one that is closest the arm the lock nut is the one that looks like it's welded right?
Yes...the lock nut is closest to the heatshield and manifold, the adjustment nut is "welded" to the wga..

Whoosh being blow off?

Too vague to describe it as anything else.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess, i never heard it before today. Just so i tell you guys everything, it's an 04, stage 0 right now, waiting for stae 1 to come in mail. It spools like an SOB now! So i have to break the weld on the adjustment nut or leave it?

·
Registered
177 Posts
you dont break any welds...the adjustment nut isnt actually welded to the wastegate, it just appears to be so, slap a wrench on there and turn it towards the firewall to raise boost, towards the engine to lower boost. Atleast with the AGP unit.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to everyone that helped. I have to say this is the single best mod for the SRT for the money!!! I'll adjust the boost tomorrow, I had a blast running it tonight. Seemed like i picked up a few MPH, But i'm still only getting 5lbs in first, not a big deal i'm not throwing codes so i'm happy for now.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mine is stock and I just bought a APG WGA. Any tips on the install to make it easier? What other supporting mods should i get for it?

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Mine is stock and I just bought a APG WGA. Any tips on the install to make it easier? What other supporting mods should i get for it?
Spray your heatshield bolts with WD-40 or PB Blaster. They're a bitch to get off! And I would also get a wideband since you're going to raise the boost...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts