Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put wastegate and dump first and somehow got o2 housing on second and the allen bolt is touching o2 housing. Is this okay or will it be a problem when hot, thanks for your time.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
The parts look new, why hack it up? I realize it is just a bolt but you paid good money for the kit to fit right and it doesn't. If you cut too much off you're going to end up stripping that bolt when you try to remove or tighten it.

·
Premium Member
3,369 Posts
Thats a strange issue. What turbo are you running? My o2 housing doesn't come anywhere near the wastegate flange like that. In fact, i have my o2 housing wrapped in exhaust wrap, and it still isnt anywhere near it. If you have a turbo which has a much wider exhaust housing, i could see it pushing the o2 housing over towards the wastegate more.

·
Premium Member
3,369 Posts
As for what to do in that situation, i agree i would contact AGP first. If they dont offer much help, i would try a different bolt first. If that doesnt seem to work, i would mark the o2 housing a make a small dent in it right there so they don't touch. I know it isnt "right", and not as asthetically pleasing, but it'll work and you wont notice any difference in how it mechnically works, and you dont have to worry about them rubbing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats a strange issue. What turbo are you running? My o2 houseing doesnt come anywhere near the wastegate flange like that. In fact, i have my o2 housing wrapped in exhaust wrap, and it still isnt anywhere near it. If you have a turbo which has a much wider exhaust housing, i could see it pushing the o2 housing over towards the wastegate more.
Yea I thought was strange, everything came in AGP kit, turbo is Zeta 3.0.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts