Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I had a local shop near me install an AGP WGA according to the directions they posted in their part of the forum. For some reason, the installer told me the airbleed was not necessary and so he didn't install it. (I have no boost controller) Now after adjustment the car will hold 15-16 psi till redline thru the mid gears but the problem is building the boost. It's noticably slower in building boost in 2nd 3rd and 4th gear, but once it reaches a certain point boost comes on like a bat out of hell (vtec like, lol). In 5th gear, the car refuses to boost over 5 or 6psi, it barley accelerates when I get on it at say 80-85 mph. Now my question is because of me not having the airbleed, is that causing the turbo to spool slower than it could? And why in 5th gear am I being robbed of passing power? For all I know the place could have bungled the job on the install, but it doesn't seem that way because its holding high boost at redline. I'm not too keen on the installation of one of these, so if there's anyone around here who could help me out or take a look at my setup it would be greatly appreciated. I live in Enfield, CT, so I'm rather close to Mass, about an hour and half outside of Worcester

·
Registered
418 Posts
Check out AGP's sticky thread:
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27363

They say to use a bleed to help spool up with their WGA. I have seen other threads that say the same. You can also use a boost controller at some point later on in lieu of the bleed. I've heard that you can use a fish tank air bleed sold at most pet stores if you didn't get one with the WGA. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Another route is a boost controller :)

But i know what u mean. I had one without a bleed. It took forever to reach peak boost in 4th.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.