Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some how i fucked something up when installing my kit. the charge pipe from the turbo to the intercooler has been a total bitch for me. i finally got it to line up but now im noticing a problem with it hiting the black middle cross member and when the engine moves you hear a thump. its very annoying. wtf did you guys do different?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Ray did you cut the factory lower IC pipe? You need to cut it right after the lip to fit properly. I had to put spacers between the oil cooling lines and the lower IC pipe to fit properly. The compressor housing has to be alighned just right to fit the lower IC pipe.

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Super Steve said:
Ray did you cut the factory lower IC pipe? You need to cut it right after the lip to fit properly. I had to put spacers between the oil cooling lines and the lower IC pipe to fit properly. The compressor housing has to be alighned just right to fit the lower IC pipe.
i did cut it. its almost sandwished between that lower center corss members and is bother ing the hell out of me. i know i fucked something up

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Ray when you get a chance, take off the lower IC pipe and inspect the damage to the pipe. Dude, I don't see how you could have bent this pipe. It's fricken solid as hell. You must have really forced something. If you can take pics and PM them to me.

Try using spacers between the coooling lines and the IC pipe. The idea is to bring the pipe lower and give more room between the IC pipe coupler and the compressor housing

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
You know what dude, I was just thinking, are you sure it's not the WG dump tube hitting on the body. This is a very common problem because of the screw that is bolted from the inside to hold the underbody heat shield in place. You see the dump tube runs right against that bolt. I knew about this already and made a mark and took a ballpean hammer and made a dent to clear the bolt. Check this out....

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Super Steve said:
You know what dude, I was just thinking, are you sure it's not the WG dump tube hitting on the body. This is a very common problem because of the screw that is bolted from the inside to hold the underbody heat shield in place. You see the dump tube runs right against that bolt. I knew about this already and made a mark and took a ballpean hammer and made a dent to clear the bolt. Check this out....
the charge pipe is the issue. removed the dump tube and it was still making the noise

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Super Steve said:
Ray when you get a chance, take off the lower IC pipe and inspect the damage to the pipe. Dude, I don't see how you could have bent this pipe. It's fricken solid as hell. You must have really forced something. If you can take pics and PM them to me.

Try using spacers between the coooling lines and the IC pipe. The idea is to bring the pipe lower and give more room between the IC pipe coupler and the compressor housing
good idea i get what lines you are talking about now. the 2 bolts underneath

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Wow Ray, I don't know what you did!! I would say it was the WG dump tube as well...I get a rattling from my oil feed line...But it is such a bitch to move around I said fuck it. Plus, if I take off slowly, the engine rocking does move my WG pipe around. I tried a cheater bar to bend it but I am scared to break a weld or the flange...So I just live with it! Good luck bro.

Kris

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
did you rotate the compressor housing to line up with the charge pipe? mine was off a little and rotating it cured the problem. there was also a leak at that coupler because of how it was, so check that out too. there are 6 13mm bolts, just loosen them a little and the whole housing will spin a little.

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
srtboy said:
did you rotate the compressor housing to line up with the charge pipe? mine was off a little and rotating it cured the problem. there was also a leak at that coupler because of how it was, so check that out too. there are 6 13mm bolts, just loosen them a little and the whole housing will spin a little.
i did but it still does not solve my problem. its so weird. ill snap pics this weekend

1 - 12 of 12 Posts