Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I ordered the AGP upgraded wastegate actuator ($150) and stock BOV block-off plate ($20). Nathan/TXS has said good things about it. I'll let you know how the install and performance goes.

Dan

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
drolander said:
Today I ordered the AGP upgraded wastegate actuator ($150) and stock BOV block-off plate ($20). Nathan/TXS has said good things about it. I'll let you know how the install and performance goes.

Dan
Where is this freaking BOV?
can someone post a pic.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
cali said:
drolander said:
You mean the stock one?
Yeah the stock one....where exactly...lead me to it please
"SRTGURLs BF":
the stock BOV is on the turbo compressor housing. i believe AGP Turbo has a block for the stock BOV. to really get a good look you need to take the black turbo inlet tube off (it comes off easily by undoing the 2 clamps).

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
nighcore said:
newb question: what's the upgraded wastegate help?
have a stronger spring and quicker response? I'll try looking up their site, but if I don't find it, what is the link?
"srtgurls BF":
the stock wastegate has a weak spring and so it's set at a low 4psi..even though SRTGURLs car boosted a low 5psi with MBC not 4psi like it's said.

the Garrett wastegate comes with a tighter spring thats set at 12psi, so the lowest boost setting you will get will be just that(12PSI).i also believe it's a bit larger if i'm not mistaken. the benefit to that is when you get to the upper end of your RPM range your boost will not drop.you lose boost in the top end cause of the weak spring and thus you lose top end hp.and it will allow you to use the full efficiency of the stock turbo.who knows we maybe able to boost up to 20psi with larger injectors and the ecu program to run them,i doubt the clutch will hold that power though...

laterz
NIVO88T
1988 Turbo 300ZX

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think some of the terminology being used here is confusing/misleading. Not you, SRTgurl, I know you are quoting. I'm not sure what is meant by "the stock wastegate has a weak spring and so it's set at a low 4 psi."

I don't remember who said this--Nathan, or the person from AGP? What does this mean?

1) The stock WG actuator starts to open when there is 4 psi of boost in the manifold?
OR
2) The stock WG actuator starts to open when there is 4 psi of pressure applied to the diaphragm via the vacuum line?

Also, with the new WG actuator your minimum boost won't be 12 psi. Again, a little misleading. Your minimum boost will always be 0 psi. I *think* what is meant is that the WG actuator won't start to open until it sees 12 psi.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
couple questions. who are AGP, do they have a website? and will either of those mods cause a check engine light? thanks. 8)

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
I took my WG and places a spring on the arm. Its anchored to the brake line. NOw i hit 7psi as my stock boost. Meaning, thats the least amount of boost the car will run with anyvacuum on the WG.

Before at 4000 rpm, my boost would drop down from 15psi down to 13psi. Now it does not drop tilla bout 4300-4500.

So yes a stiffer spring will help hold boost. But the turbo will eventualy run out of breath. Our engine has a large displacement which is why the turbo spools so fast as well as for having that very small turbine housing.

But I doubt you will be able to hold 20lbs till read line though.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Any Web site? So at 4 psi the stock acutator opens and lets the wastegate let out pressure? Is this why the car spikes the n looses boost?

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
This is awesome. I don't even have the car yet and all these awesome products are coming out. Do you still recommend getting the ATP's Up-pipe with HKS SSBOV? Or get the Type-H from TXS? Would staying within the same company like TXS make the performance more effective between all these mods? I'm thinking Type-H BOV, the AGP WG actuator $ block-off plate (By the way, you can order the WG & BOP from the AGP website, Dan?), as well as the soon-to-come UTEC, and a simple DSBC or HPBC. Well see what happens when the car arrives. :D

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Khryz said:
This is awesome. I don't even have the car yet and all these awesome products are coming out. Do you still recommend getting the ATP's Up-pipe with HKS SSBOV? Or get the Type-H from TXS? Would staying within the same company like TXS make the performance more effective between all these mods? I'm thinking Type-H BOV, the AGP WG actuator $ block-off plate (By the way, you can order the WG & BOP from the AGP website, Dan?), as well as the soon-to-come UTEC, and a simple DSBC or HPBC. Well see what happens when the car arrives. :D
The nice thing about the ATP UPP is that it makes mounting a BOV very easy, and it's a universal flange so you can change BOVs later if desired. I don't think TXS is marketing a bolt on flange for their BOV's yet, but I'll let Nathan address that.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
what exactly does a BOV block off plate do anyways? :?:

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
it blocks of the stock bov, so you dont have "dual bov's" working at the same time.............only needed if you have an aftermarket bov..........somebody can probably give you a more techincal explanation, but thats the lowdown

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The ATP UPP/BOV comes with a vacuum hose check valve, which effectively does the same thing as the blocking plate (prevents the stock BOV from venting), but I think the plate will be a better solution with less chance of leaking. AGP says with the plate they see an additional 2 psi of boost at redline.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.