Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Neon SRT4
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • Is there a risk of water getting up there (assuming no big puddles)?
  • Am I missing a splash guard? Should I make one/get one?? Last-minute convert to short ram???
  • Am I over thinking this?

Recently installed the AGP CAI. Goes all the way in front of the wheel, and the filter sits about a foot or so off the ground. I normally don't drive my car when it rains/has rained, but I've got an autocross event today (my first) and there's a good chance of rain.

I'm a bit worried about damaging the car after spending the past year fixing shit and getting it running again. Saw this thread and left just as confused:

Pic:
Hood Automotive lighting Wood Automotive tire Gas

·
Registered
2005 Neon SRT4
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know of a guy with same car and same filter location that accidentally touched a small puddle with the front tire and hydrolocked the engine.
... In fact, from a pure performance aspect, a CAI isn't really any better than the stock airbox. ... I don't like the fact that there is ANY chance.
Thanks for the feedback. This all started when my stock intake was falling apart. I tried to find an OEM replacement but couldn't, and didn't feel like re-encountering the issue by purchasing a used one. Did some research on here and it seemed AGP was a good brand, but it looks like I missed a few threads about this specific CAI... gonna just keep it out of the rain for now I guess.

I've seen some testing that shows that you need to fully submerge the filter in order to start pulling water. Not sure on the validity. However, the AGP CAI is sectional. You can convert back and forth between a ram air and a cai (at least on mine I can).
That's good to know, but on mine the pipe going into the fender is the one with the MAP so I don't think I can convert to short ram... unless it can be used in place of the pipe coming from the turbo...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts