Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
There really isn't that much of a bonus to locating the air filter down there. In fact, from a pure performance aspect, a CAI isn't really any better than the stock airbox. Yes, you can hear the turbo more clearly, yes, it looks cooler, that's about it. There are people who will argue that there's "very little chance" of hydrolocking the engine from the air filter in that location, I don't like the fact that there is ANY chance.
I've seen some testing that shows that you need to fully submerge the filter in order to start pulling water. Not sure on the validity. However, the AGP CAI is sectional. You can convert back and forth between a ram air and a cai (at least on mine I can).

·
Registered
369 Posts
That's good to know, but on mine the pipe going into the fender is the one with the MAP so I don't think I can convert to short ram... unless it can be used in place of the pipe coming from the turbo...
Pretty sure that's just a temp sensor. The MAP is located on the intake manifold. Though I wouldn't suggest just leaving it hanging, you shouldn't notice any difference if it was not in the air intake for a single rainy day. Mine is mounted in the fender and not in the intake.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts