Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new turbo and getting the BWS. Not looking to push crazy amounts of boost considering it will be an autox car. However for a wastegate because I drop boost at 10 psi, what do you guys recommend for a wastegate? The adjustable one from modern or the AGP stage 2 wastegate?

Pros and Cons to either one of them?

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
59 Posts
I need a new turbo and getting the BWS. Not looking to push crazy amounts of boost considering it will be an autox car. However for a wastegate because I drop boost at 10 psi, what do you guys recommend for a wastegate? The adjustable one from modern or the AGP stage 2 wastegate?

Pros and Cons to either one of them?
I am soon to install a BWS as well. I am keeping my adjustable AGP wastegate with the 8 psi spring. It performs well on my stock turbo, I don’t think you’d need anything bigger than a 8 psi spring.

·
Premium Member
4,636 Posts
honestly, assuming it is functioning properly, the stock WGA should be more than adequate.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
honestly, assuming it is functioning properly, the stock WGA should be more than adequate.

I have an AGP adjustable one on now, but it's been on it since I got the car. Since I'm getting pretty much all new stuff, I figured I'd ask. So should I find a stock wastegate then and remove the AGP?

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
59 Posts
I have an AGP adjustable one on now, but it's been on it since I got the car. Since I'm getting pretty much all new stuff, I figured I'd ask. So should I find a stock wastegate then and remove the AGP?
If your agp is in good shape, then no need to waste money to buy a stock one for the same results, unless your diagram is torn or spring is weak. Just make sure your agp spring is an 8 lb spring. I’ve had my agp for over 9 years and still works flawlessly.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If your agp is in good shape, then no need to waste money to buy a stock one for the same results, unless your diagram is torn or spring is weak. Just make sure your agp spring is an 8 lb spring. I’ve had my agp for over 9 years and still works flawlessly.
I will do that, thank you!

·
Premium Member
4,636 Posts
I agree. If you already have the AGP, and it’s in good working order. Use it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts