Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to order it, it is said to give you 7 to 10 at the wheels.

Who has one (feel a diffirence) love it or not woth it?

Thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wow nobody has it

·
Registered
709 Posts
8whp if you have a NA neon. Its not worth anything on a turbo motor. Maybe 1-2, but you won't feel a noticable change.

·
Registered
854 Posts
OG Neon said:
8whp if you have a NA neon. Its not worth anything on a turbo motor. Maybe 1-2, but you won't feel a noticable change.
Wouldn't be any different on a turbo car than a N/A car. As long as the both have A/C and power stearing, goins would be the same. Turbo has nothing to to with it.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
it's not a bang for the buck mod, but I'm always on the lookout for a used lightweight pulley for my car, cant hurt. Our cars win or lose because of what's under the curve not the couple hp way up there in revs. as said earlier last resort tweak.

·
Registered
709 Posts
what i ment parasitic drag is alot more effective on an all motor setup. Yes you will see gains but a 2.0L will struggle a lot more then a 2.4, and the added boost of the turbo helps fight some of that parasitic drag. I did it on my 1st gen neon and it made a world of difference.

·
Registered
502 Posts
OG Neon said:
what i ment parasitic drag is alot more effective on an all motor setup. Yes you will see gains but a 2.0L will struggle a lot more then a 2.4, and the added boost of the turbo helps fight some of that parasitic drag. I did it on my 1st gen neon and it made a world of difference.
I agree, I have the MPx underdrive pulley on both my 96 SOHC and my SRT4. The difference it made on the 96 was BIG time compared to the SRT4.
I do think the gains are there with the SRT4, and the turbo spools alittle faster, but no where near the gains my N/A SOHC got from it!

·
Registered
854 Posts
It will add the same amout of power on both cars. (not really adding but freeing up power to get to the wheels) You just notice it more on a lower powered N/A car more than a turbo car. Adding 9 hp to the 130 hp will be more noticeable than adding 9 hp to a 220 hp srt-4. The fact remains that you are going to get 9 hp on either car, provided they get the same amount of loss from the accessories.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies

I will let you know

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.