Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're showing these parts already available for the SRT-4 (and they own one and have tried these parts already!)

http://www.modernperformance.com/dcx/srt4_index.shtml

Take a look and tell me what you think! :D

·
Registered
243 Posts
Wow. Holy crap.

Rods, pistons and cams? Good lord. Nice to have an engine with a pre-existing aftermarket. Also nice to know the parts will be there to build the engine as soon as I start with the Mopar upgrade kits.

Nice find!

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
oh no

Dont need any of it.....remember engine is good up to at least 300/300 on stock internals...maybe even more :wink: .

Cali

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
IF I EVER get my SRT-4 here in MD area (if it ever gets here), my initial plans is to look into the Mopar Stage II or III as well as getting wider tires with wider wheels. Then lower it for function as well as look. Then I'll sit back and take my time to layout a plan for future mods. I think the internals will be good for a while.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Ya, I wouldn't even touch internals for a few years. Why bother changing something if it's not worn. As far as the aftermarket goes, I plan to do some small things such as change over to those titanium bulbs, plugs, etc. As for bigger mods, I'll wait till the competition starts putting out some more parts.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Remember though cams can significantly reduce your turbo spool up, and also significantly increase your power everywhere but at the peak.

A car with a 250hp motor, and parts carefully chosen to increase power under the curve can be faster than a peaky 300hp car. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
I am wondering how you would go about wiring up the AFC. That would be a good piece if you upgrade your injectors and want to lean them out some.

As for the AVC-R, I dont recommend it. It has way more functions than you will ever need and it will be hard to adjust. The best bang for the buck is the Greddy profec B. Low cost and simple to tune and install.

I have the HKS EVC 5 which is easy to install and set. But its expensive.

If any of you get a boost controller, remember to shim the wast gate.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i can attest to the fact the AVC-R is extremely hard to tune. i ditched it and am going to install a Greddy Profec-A i bought. its just as simple as the AVC-R has so many options that unless u are very knowledgable at tuning cars and using the unit u'll probaly be like me and ditch it in frustration.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
anyone seen the greddy PRofec E01? they did i review in the new turbo & high-tech performance magazine. (april 03) they seemed to like it. looks good too. imo.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just letting you all know. ACBCPowdercoating is ready to start powdercoating SRT valve covers. We are anticipating core covers to arrive by March 1. We can do your valve covers, intake manifolds, and engine brackets. Make the motor gleam like it suppose to liek the stand pictures of the SRT motors at SEMA and various auto shows.

Powdercoating will be available in:
- Flame Red
- Solar Yellow
- Mirror Silver
- High Gloss Black

or any of our other colors. Check out the site or e-mail me for more details.

Shane Hale

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Shane. I would consider getting some work done from them, but a few of the "samples" they show look like A$$ (sorry if that's a little frank...) Here are a few that I'm talking about:

I would worry about the consistancy of the work they do. How do you know if you're going to get a quality job done or not? What if someone were to receive a poor quality part? I know that causes trust issues and I'm not sure that I would trust a company that posts samples of their work that shows very poor quality.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Samel, Shane works for acbc powdercoating. ;-)

I agree that some of the sample photo's don't look so good, but I'd be willing to bet that it could be due to the photo quality more than the actual quality of the samples.

Samel_Camel said:
Hey Shane. I would consider getting some work done from them, but a few of the "samples" they show look like A$$ (sorry if that's a little frank...) Here are a few that I'm talking about:

I would worry about the consistancy of the work they do. How do you know if you're going to get a quality job done or not? What if someone were to receive a poor quality part? I know that causes trust issues and I'm not sure that I would trust a company that posts samples of their work that shows very poor quality.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Samel did make a good point. I wondered the same thing when I looked at the samples. I'm sure the real thing looks much better. Maybe Shane can reference some other pictures that we could take a look at. It might have just been the lighting in the photos. Does this process have any other purpose besides aesthetics? I'm assuming it will prevent oxidation.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Samel_Camel said:

I completely agree. Those pictures look like A$$. They finish on the valve covers were great, they just didn't photograph well. Before I could snap new pictures those covers were already shipped off to their destination. I still show those pictures as pure examples of different covers I have done. It seems as soon as I have pictures of someones specific cover, there is interest. The other covers don't count or something.

As for our quality control, ask around on Neons.Org, ASOG, or Domestic Tunerz about my powdercoating. Its top notch. If you ever get a part powdercoated and it looks bad, I will replace it. To date, I have yet to have a return or questionable part. Simple as that. #1 priority is the satisfaction of my customers. If you don't trust a company with a proven track record of quality work, thats your business.

How are these for samples... good image quality there. No camera issues.

As for advantages of powdercoating. The powder will protect the metal and dramatically reduce or prevent oxidation. Its a hard finish which can withstand temps up to 400 degree intermitently. Powdercoating will NEVER have runs or drip marks. The nature of the coating is to finish smooth, when curing.

And no I don't work for them.. I own ACBCpPowdercoating...

If you have any questions or inquiries... I'll gladly answer them.

Shane Hale

·
Registered
76 Posts
Re: Shane

hemidakota said:
How much for powdercoating the valve cover in yellow?
$60 for coating in any of those colors, this includes the option of having the letters brushed off, to reveal the natural metal finish.

I have brought my samples down to my local dealer and have compared the colors already. They are a VERY close match.

Shane Hale

·
Registered
76 Posts
hemidakota said:
Where do we ship the covers too? What else do you powdercoat?
You can send it to

ACBC Powdercoating
5595 E 7th Street #610
Long Beach, CA 90804

Pretty much any metal part can be powdercoated. We have done everything from valve covers to intake manifolds, from springs and suspension components to a licence plate. Check out the site for a list of pricing for common parts, or e-mail me for a quick quote on your project.

Shane Hale

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
13 Participants
hemidakota
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing