Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new to the forums and I have a few questions for you guys. I just got my permit and I am looking forward to buying a new car. I was looking a Nissan Spec V or the SRT-4. I know the SRT-4 is faster but how much aftermarket work can you do to the car. I cannot find any sites anywhere with turbos, exhaust, and intercoolers. It would help me out a lot if you guys would post some links for sites.

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Stuff is coming. The car is so new most of the aftermarket manufacturers don't have cars to prototype with yet. ATP Turbo has some stuff, and Modern Performance and Turbo XS are working on products.

·
Registered
726 Posts
drolander said:
Stuff is coming. The car is so new most of the aftermarket manufacturers don't have cars to prototype with yet. ATP Turbo has some stuff, and Modern Performance and Turbo XS are working on products.
As is our forum's own Exhaust Depot :wink: Gotta support the people who support us :)

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Thanks Yeah. :)

The car is only about a month old and im surprised there are that many pieces out for it already. It will be a very popular car so everyone and there mother will be making parts for it. Anything with a turbo on it these days receives a damns opening of parts which is good.

I wish my conquest had alot of parts back when i had one. :(

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
ohyeahwright said:
drolander said:
As is our forum's own Exhaust Depot :wink: Gotta support the people who support us :)
I'll drink to that! :wink:

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
P4lli said:
I cannot find any sites anywhere with turbos, exhaust, and intercoolers.

Thanks

Matt
Why the hell would you change the intercooler? :roll: I dont think you could fit a bigger one in without cutting, and I think it's unnecessary on a street car anyway.

Oh, and Howell has stuff too, and so does Deymene (I misspelled that one :oops: )

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
P4lli said:
Hi guys, I'm new to the forums and I have a few questions for you guys. I just got my permit and I am looking forward to buying a new car. I was looking a Nissan Spec V or the SRT-4. I know the SRT-4 is faster but how much aftermarket work can you do to the car. I cannot find any sites anywhere with turbos, exhaust, and intercoolers. It would help me out a lot if you guys would post some links for sites.

Thanks

Matt
i dont wanna sound like an ass but trust me ive been driving for 7 years and i think this plenty of car for a 16 year old (when you get your license)...you'll enjoy it stock then when you get the hang of it mods will be a plenty :wink:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had considered the SE-R Spec V, I have had great experiences with nissans and infiniti's in the past. The problem is the QR25 just doesn't have enough strength to it. I still checkout the forms on b15sentra and a few others, and it looks like the forcedinduction kits are currently around 4-6lbs of boost, no clue yet on the JWT kits. Aside from that, the kits will cost a pretty penny. The one thing I've learned from owning a naturally aspirated car (my current z), is that when you buy a car with a stock turbo you save a ton of money. You can always start with just cranking up the boost a bit (within reason), and when you want to go with bigger turbos or other parts, the plumbing is all still there for you to use. I believe that the srt engine is much stronger than the qr25. Like many I was concerned that there wouldn't be much room to mod it, with stock boost between 11 and 15lbs.

But already there's a lot you can do, and more coming soon. You've got the mopar upgrades, the atp turbo exhaust setup and exhaust depot's exhaust, there's boost controllers, you can put a co2 setup on the intercooler, remove balance shafts, put in new engine mounts, etc, etc, etc

All told, you can go as far as your checkbook will allow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts