Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed the aem uego wideband and it’s been giving me some trouble.

Sometimes it works as it should. For ex: at WOT it reads ~11.2 and cursing and idle it hops 14.6-14.7

But other times is hangs out in the 13s. No matter if I’m WOT or cruising. In all temperature ranges too.

Current mods..short ram intake, big front mount, greedy bov, catless dp, dsp 93 tune.

I installed the wideband in place of the lower O2 sensor which had shredded wires and was useless.

Some things I’ve done to trouble shoot...unplugged the wideband and turned ignition on(not engine) and the gauge stays 14.7. Power source is the cigarette lighter. Cut clean and crimped not spliced into.

I’m not sure where I went wrong or if something with the gauge/sensor is malfunctioning

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it has something to do with my ground. Or that I’m using the stock downstream o2 location, giving me bad readings. I have a bung welded in for a wideband but it’s facing the floor boards so id have to drill a hole in the floor to make that spot work haha. Might try that as a last resort

·
SRTForums Member, 2011 Calendar Car
816 Posts
I really dont think its your location. I would agree that the further from the beginning of the exhaust the less accurate the reading may be, but a bung on a catless downpipe should suffice in my opinion. I do not have any ideas though on why its acting like that.. Have you tried getting power from a different source or re grounding it? Is there a big leak on the 02-downpipe gasket?

·
Premium Member
3,323 Posts
I really dont think its your location. I would agree that the further from the beginning of the exhaust the less accurate the reading may be, but a bung on a catless downpipe should suffice in my opinion. I do not have any ideas though on why its acting like that.. Have you tried getting power from a different source or re grounding it? Is there a big leak on the 02-downpipe gasket?
i agree with this. the location shouldnt make a difference to how well it works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
gump1114
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing