Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am planning on purchasing AEM’s Wideband Gauge. I am upgrading into a larger turbo within the next year. So, for right now, I am trying to create a good platform in my car to prepare to safely manage the larger system.

I am not comfortable with installing the gauge and sensor myself. But, I would like to get an idea on what to expect in having it installed into a factory exhaust system (I will upgrade that at X-Mas...If Santa is nice). Can I expect to take it to a reputable shop and not have much of a problem?

What are some of your experiences….?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
If you are using the AEM UEGO with the stock exhaust, you'll have to have a exhaust shop add a o2 bung, or you can remove your stock downpipe o2 sensor and zip tie it off to the side and put the aem wideband sensor in there.. although I am pretty sure having the sensor after the cat effects the reading.. someone correct me if i'm wrong ;)

The exhaust shop will have no trouble installing the bung, they do this stuff all the time.

Do you have an A-Pillar for the gauge? I use Modern's dual pod and it fits nicely and looks great. Be ready to drill a hole to get the sensors electrical wires into the car .. I drilled mine right beside the shifter.

Once you get the gauge set up, it works great! Very accurate reading and its nice to be able to see your AFR at ALL times.. not just when you have a laptop or handheld device/logger.

Ralph

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ralph said:
If you are using the AEM UEGO with the stock exhaust, you'll have to have a exhaust shop add a o2 bung, or you can remove your stock downpipe o2 sensor and zip tie it off to the side and put the aem wideband sensor in there.. although I am pretty sure having the sensor after the cat effects the reading.. someone correct me if i'm wrong ;)

The exhaust shop will have no trouble installing the bung, they do this stuff all the time.

Do you have an A-Pillar for the gauge? I use Modern's dual pod and it fits nicely and looks great. Be ready to drill a hole to get the sensors electrical wires into the car .. I drilled mine right beside the shifter.

Once you get the gauge set up, it works great! Very accurate reading and its nice to be able to see your AFR at ALL times.. not just when you have a laptop or handheld device/logger.

Ralph
Ralph,

Yes. I have an Triple A-piller from MPx. I am going with the Fuel Pressure, Oil Pressure and Wideband sensor. Unless you have a better recommendation.

Thanks so much for the information!

Dan

·
Registered
713 Posts
i would do EGT, A/F, and Oil Pressure

·
Registered
806 Posts
Why EGT if you have a Wideband?... It is redundant for the level of tuning we do around here (95% of us) . Especially when you consider the cost of having the Manifold Drilled and tapped, then your still not safe, if that probe breaks off or dislodges Bye Bye Turbo.

Just my two pennies.. I think that with WideBand you will be able to see what the car is doing pretty well.

I think Oil and Fuel are probably good bets.

MK

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MKITGO2 said:
Why EGT if you have a Wideband?... It is redundant for the level of tuning we do around here (95% of us) . Especially when you consider the cost of having the Manifold Drilled and tapped, then your still not safe, if that probe breaks off or dislodges Bye Bye Turbo.

Just my two pennies.. I think that with WideBand you will be able to see what the car is doing pretty well.

I think Oil and Fuel are probably good bets.

MK
I agree about the EGT....l am at a lost on why I would need all of that diagnostic information....When I upgrade the Turbo, I would like to keep an eye on the Fuel amount. Oil Pressure is alway a safe bet when it come to a modded vehicle. Don't need a seal going unchecked....

Anyone else with thoughts?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I agree about the EGT....l am at a lost on why I would need all of that diagnostic information....When I upgrade the Turbo, I would like to keep an eye on the Fuel amount. Oil Pressure is alway a safe bet when it come to a modded vehicle. Don't need a seal going unchecked....

Anyone else with thoughts?
bump for info

1 - 8 of 8 Posts