Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
My brother has a 2010 ms3. They're tedious little bastards and the direct injection is FTL. Motors also don't handle much power and parts are expensive. If you want something more user friendly, get a neon. If you want a nice car that you will keep somewhat stock, get a ms3.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I would personally get a neon. Once you start modding the car parts fire the neon can be found easily and on here for good prices.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I'm a tech at the Mazda dealership here, and I had much rather have the srt. The MS3 isn't anything to marvel about

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you want a good ride, a more modern look, go MS3. I used to sell them.

You want to be more raw, (plus parts are more plentiful and way cheaper than I thought), well u know the answer.

·
Super Moderator
15,681 Posts
Stock performance they are both basically the same. I don't know about MS3 modding, so I can't say. Looks wise, again, to me toss up. Interior, MS3 is slightly better. I think it comes down to (if you are remaining stock) whether you like a sedan or hatch.

·
Registered
230 Posts
And don't forget about the god awful torque steer in the Mazda, my friend has a 2010 ms3 and the first time I launched-omfg that thing went everywhere lol!!Don't get me wrong tho the ms3 is a nice lil hatch that packs a punch but the neon is cheaper to mod. My 2 cents

·
Registered
635 Posts
If your the type who loves to works on their car and then work on em even right after you worked on em....Get the SRT. But if you want somewhat more reliable. Get MS3. I have never owned a car in the first 100k miles I replaced TPS twice and did rewire, camshaft position sensor twice, AIC, Crankshaft position sensor, Wheel bearings, fuel pump, etc...... However much fun I've had with the SRT. It sux when you cant figure out what wrong with the car. I've enjoyed all my tickets too :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Many thanks every, really appreciate all the replies. So far I see people supporting both. But it helped me a lot. Not decided yet though. :)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Had my neon for 2 years now and never had a problem out of it. Normal maintenence is all I do. If you take care of it then it will take care of you in your pocketbook. Just my .02

·
Registered
208 Posts
MS3 is more comfortable. If you want a more refined ride, get the MS3. It's the nicer car. If you want to feel like you could die at any second, get the SRT-4(way more connected to the road). I considered both, I'm here now.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
My brother had a MS3 and that thing was always in the shop or always had a check engine light on. They are not as reliable as the srt4s in my opinion but ya never know what your gunna get. He had around 30-40k miles and had to replace a turbo too. I have driven his car and I can say it did drive alright though when it worked right. It is also cheaper to maintain and modify a srt4.

·
Registered
887 Posts
We just swapped the turbo on my brothers ms3 last weekend. Started billowing smoke at only 50k. That seems to be a typical problem. If it were me, I would steer away. The direct injection etc is a pita.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i like them both but i just like the srt4 more. when i test drove the ms3 it was alot of fun but i just liked the looks and aftermarket for the srt4 more i also like the srt4 seats more.

·
Registered
45 Posts
this is the first post ive made on here in a long time, so im a little out of the groove but i had an srt4 got it with 22k on it in 07. a deer jumped out and totaled it last november and with 155k on the clock the only part i ever had to change was the cam sensor (did the timing belt and water pump at 75k) but that was preventative. honestly it was the best car i ever had i loved her and wish i could have bought her back! now ive got an ABARTH!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
They are similar yet very different. To put it simply:

M3: Every day cruiser that won't impress yourself or anyone else, but it's comfy.

SRT: Unleash the beast. Creature comfort? Forget about it. This machine is made for power and wants to be beat on.

Your choice. I love my SRT and won't ever get rid of it. Sure other cars are much more comfortable with better ride quality and interiors.......but you're going to be hard pressed to find a (now) sub $12k car with this much damn fun and ease of modding.

My own opinion.......others will vary.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts